Clutch Cable For Type 9

Guest Kamran

Guest Kamran

Hi, hope you can help me I have a 2b with a 2.0 pinto linked to a type 9 gearbox and a sierra paddle box (white) without servo. Im not sure which clutch cable to use. The exhaust manifold is a s/s 4-1 it goes up and over. Thank you for any help in advance.

Guest outtolunch

a few years ago I replaced my cable from the std Sierra one fitted to an early 4x4 one which is longer and does not have to pass through the manifold. I found all the information on this site and if I remember rightly some people had been using transit cables and modifying the end as the 4x4 one were hard to find ( and expensive )

have you tried searching the site I don't know if the posts are still available

Guest mower man

4x4 or cosworth and I think there is another have the exta length and make routing much easier there may be a little jiggling to do but they certainly work I will see if I can sort the third option and post it later mower man

Guest Kamran

Thanks lads, sorry for delay. So its cosworth or 4x4 will try to get one, thanks again. Also is it the sierra cosworth 2wd or 4wd cable?

Edited by Kamran

Sierra Cossy 2WD or 4x4 burton state the lengths in their catalog but buy off eBay

The clutch pawl is better if you use the Granada 55mm pull version

If you have trouble with Cossy outer cable length some tube or washers can space it out at gearbox and/or pedal box end

Guest JammyJim

I had same problem, the cosworthe cable fits but it's long at 2.2 mtr. i think you will find the standard Sierra one is only 1.2mtr. I finally phoned a company in Leeds they found me a cable that is 1.4mtr this clears manifold easy without having to route it all over engine bay it also has correct fittings i think it might be from a P100 but not sure.

I think company is called Car Spares 4u part No CCL6290 on ebay.

Just checked ebay its for a 2.3 diesel and they are still listing.