Do I Need Insurance For Registration ?

Guest greengrass

Guest greengrass

iva passed and now just needs registering. Do you need insurace to get the registration sorted ? The insurance companys i have spoke to seeem to be saying its cheeper for insurance once your have the reg number rather than just the chassie number.

Yes you do need insurance to register (you'll need insurance to Tax it and that is part of the process).

Adrian Flux insured mine on chassis number initially but I didn't ask if it would have been cheaper on a reg number.

I didn't need my own insurance though as GBS registered mine for me using their traders policy.

Although my V5 now shows GBS as a former keeper that might be a good thing though.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/new-registrations

Ozz

Registered and taxed mine yesterday as said previous you need only get insurance for taxing.I found the cheapest insurance to be Cherished Vehicle Insurance which sent me a cover note to enable taxing and they will update the cover when I inform them of the registration number and you talk to some one who knows what they are talking about and does not ask stupid questions like how many doors does it have.they are on 0845 077 3080