Area Meetings

Guest red7

Spring is in the air and I suppose many of us will be thinking about taxing our cars in perpetration for another summer of shows and club meets. In these hard times of economic austerity and high motoring costs many kit car owners will be making the difficult decision do I leave the car on SORN or put it on the road? We have seen a fall off in club members coming to monthly meets. Is this true across all the areas? I know 2012 was a wash out but let's look on the bright side and get our motors back on the road for 2013.

Hi Steve, welcome back from the slopes, (hate you pics on fb makes me so Jealous lol)

the Northwest meets have dipped in attendance, but i have moved meet to co-inside with the preston supercar club, which meet on sunday mornings, so we get to kick tyres with Astons, Tvrs, Lambos and all manner of exotica, and being early sunday morn theres still time to blow the cobwebs away, think we had 5-6 hoodies there last month, and that was only the second ,meet, so should improve if we get any good weather,

Mitch

That's interesting Mitch. We meet once a month with the Caterham crowd. I've been speaking to the Westy gang and they have seen an improvement in turn out. Something to think about.

I go along to the local Westie meet as well and they also include the GT40 club, Marcos club some TVRs etc. I think a lot of clubs are joining forces to keep the numbers up and to make it more interesting for everyone.

Last year for us was good with high attendance at most "special" meets; the regular meet first Tuesday of the month sees the same old crew with a few new faces once in a while. Biggest problem is getting people to commit to a meet so it can be arranged to cover numbers. Agree that all "different" cars should & are welcome;it adds interest;old classics & various kits go well together.

Spring is in the air and I suppose many of us will be thinking about taxing our cars in perpetration for another summer of shows and club meets. In these hard times of economic austerity and high motoring costs many kit car owners will be making the difficult decision do I leave the car on SORN or put it on the road? We have seen a fall off in club members coming to monthly meets. Is this true across all the areas? I know 2012 was a wash out but let's look on the bright side and get our motors back on the road for 2013.

Hi Steve, maybe if it was advertised on here it would help???

Last post regarding a monthly meet was August last year!

Steve

hi all any one know whats happened to the thames valley meet?

jeff

Hi Jeff

I stood down as the TVH area sec to do the club memberships.

So far no one has taken up the role thats why there hasn't been any meetings

Chris

the south yorkshire one i struggle with as it is on wednesday and my 10 yr old has footy training, and my car not on road yet which dont help but thats down to weather as no screen on mine oops might of been bad idea but too late now lol.but hoping to mot and tax next couple of month as tin top mot and tax is due bad times :bad:

The Essex club struggled over a number of years ending up with a max of five often less so we formed the Essex Kit Car Club and have a regular 15 to 20 with 30+ members. Cars of all types but still only 2 or 3 Robin Hoods

Their could be a case for affiliation with area clubs that struggle, in these times annual membership fees of several clubs will be looked at as any other household budget cost

Edited by Snapperpaul

i am hoping to be on the road for june at newark,my dad is thinking of coming too in his ng kit car he got. he done more on his than me lol and i think i spent more time in garage than him