Weber Dgav 32/36 Pinto 2.0L

Guest RoborRoss

Guest RoborRoss

Any advice on jetting welcome!

Followed this guide:

http://www.yotatech.com/f120/proper-only-right-way-tune-weber-32-36-a-240521/

Runs well, picks up well, but after a run the plugs are deffo on the lighter side of a nice brown.

The islow idle mix screw is already a good 4/5 turns out so it says to go up on the main jet. How do I know what jet is fitted, and surely it should be the same man jet required for all pintos with this config? What size do I need?

Ta

Rob

Guest RoborRoss

I've re-read and I guess my inglish ain't good :-) as I'm not sure. I figured it would be the same as the needle jet on my old nitro R/C days. Rich is anti clockwise lean is clockwise. Perhaps that's why my RC always ran like cr@p!

Surely as the needle is screwed out, more fuel flows?

Guest Chris Russ

......turning the mixture screw out does richen the mixure , so screwing in weakens it off - but will have little effect over 1800 rpm, above that rev range you'll be running on the main jets.

Running a non standard air filter can lean the mixture

When I fitted a K&N to an XR2 it came with a new main jet

Carb tuning is not as simple as just fitting 1 jet, there can also be issues with air correctors and emulsion tubes

Also the weber main jets are numbered in a strange way, the numbers are not a linier progression of size so for instance the mains may be numbered 1,7,4,5,8 etc when they increase fuel upwards

At this point I though " leave it to the professionals"

You will have 2 main jets in the carb one each for the primary and secondary chokes they are in the bottom of the float chamber. Try to find an exploded diagram of the carb. unscrew them one at a time and see what number is on them. Ford changed them a lot over the years but could be something like 130 and 135. This number is the size of the hole 1.3 and 1.35mm. But which one to change? if you think it only is when you are on full throttle so both chokes are open then perhaps only the secondary one needs increasing, or if it is when you are driving on the primary choke then that could do with an increase, and leave the secondary. An option is to say fit the 135 instead of the 130 and get a 140 for the secondary so they have both gone up .05. Have fun

Any advice on jetting welcome!

Followed this guide:

http://www.yotatech....32-36-a-240521/

Runs well, picks up well, but after a run the plugs are deffo on the lighter side of a nice brown.

Excuse my ignorance,but isn't this the correct colour? It's the colour that says O.K to me & RR in Devon a couple of weeks ago confirmed this. Does it change a lot between carb. engine & my fuel injected CVH?

Guest RoborRoss

I was looking at the pics in an old Haynes manual. Mine look a good bit lighter than what is supposed to be correct. Could probably spend a long tine messing with the jets, so off to a professional I think.

Ta

Rob