Safety Boots

Guest Kennedy48

Guest Kennedy48

I'm looking for a new pair of safety steel toe boot in black. I'm in my feet all day and would love a pair as comfy as trainers but st the same time dont want to pay loads of money for them. Does anyone know a good pair and wear from that they recommend?

Cheers

Luke

Guest mark little

dickies thames lightweight but strong with steel toe cap, travis perkins used to keep them maybe available on line, I've worn them for years, I'me in the building game, most comfortable I've ever worn.

Guest Kennedy48

Cheers guys. Will check these out. I work at Nissan manufacturing so running around engines all day. Nothing heavy should ever drop on my feet so comfort comes first but obviously have to follow the PPE code

Caterpillar are good - my last pair only got thrown away when I'd managed to wear through the sole and that was some years. I also highly rate Prospecta boots - I'd say the same as Cats but without the price premium or bright yellow details so slightly better in an office environment.

I've had about 4 pairs of Trojan boots from the local Arco over the last 12 months and never again. The eyelets broke in the first style I got (first time out on the second pair). The different style that I went for have had manufacturing faults (looked like they had been sliced with a knife and they tried to blame me until I pointed out that it clearly carried on past the welting of the sole so must have been there when they were assembled). Lace hooks have just pulled out of the leather......

Iain

Guest JammyJim

Being a lorry driver I always wear steelies Tried lots of brands Caterpillers only lasted a year, Currently i'm wearing a pair of Uvex Quatro look a bit strange but v comfy and 2 1/2 years down still going strong, can be found for about £50 if you shop around, its what i will be wearing nx time round.

Guest Sharky

Had a pair of CAT wiregates that lasted me two years constant use on flight line, sad day when they finally leaked through the oles cracking. Couldn't get the same recently but got CAT nubuck leather ones again and these have broken in real easy over the past two weeks and are comfyenough to wear for a 12 hour shift. Cost me £69.99 from an outlet place near my mums house in Haslingden.

Sharky

Guest Sharky

Yes winfields - usually seems to be the end of line gear, but I have had a lot of reasonable named brand stuff from there over the years.

Sharky

Guest mower man

I would have thought a company like Nissan would supply pp eqp at cost or even free as it is in their interests to look after staff and ensure H+s is carried out correctly . Even the smaller firms I worked for would help out on cost and some supplied quality gear free have a dig at your staff rep . All the names mentioned are good but care is needed to maintain them correctly i.e drying correctly etc to get the best out of them , I worked in various conditions from gear oil to pig poo and all of them will kill the best boots if not looked after mower man

funny, i have cats and there comfy , but starting to split behind the toe at sides, for £70 i would expect a little more life, onlyh had them a couple of months too,

sharky, next time your up here you will have to call for hobnobs lol

Mitch

Guest Kennedy48

I would have thought a company like Nissan would supply pp eqp at cost or even free as it is in their interests to look after staff and ensure H+s is carried out correctly . Even the smaller firms I worked for would help out on cost and some supplied quality gear free have a dig at your staff rep . All the names mentioned are good but care is needed to maintain them correctly i.e drying correctly etc to get the best out of them , I worked in various conditions from gear oil to pig poo and all of them will kill the best boots if not looked after mower man

I get free PPE and uniform. But the boots iv got now iv had for 5 years that were given to me by Nissan and are good but are falling apart now. Think they have gone for a cheaper supplier now as all the new starters are getting cheap boots that are imcomfortable. Was just gona buy some as other people have and don't have any problems with more comfort. I'm always gettin covered in engine oil. But current boots have lasted well