Absolute Optimism

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Hi All - I hope you are all well. Long time no post, and I couldn't resist this.

Mods: please be assured this is not an attempt to advertise, more an attempt at giving fellow forum members a bit of amusement.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Robin-Hood-2B-4-Kit-Car-/111037581511?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19da5b08c7

I feel that the claim of "a weekend's work to complete" is a tad optimistic. What does the team think?

Brgds

Pete

ey up pete :) How goes? How did you get on with that hot rod you had?

It might be a weekend's worth of work, but it never said for how many people! :p

Guest Petemate

ey up pete :) How goes? How did you get on with that hot rod you had?

It might be a weekend's worth of work, but it never said for how many people! :p

ROFL!! I did think that, remembering some previous Home Calls where many hands would mill around some hapless builder....

I'm doing good ta - regrettably, the replica rod had to go, as while working, and having returned to caravanning, we didn't have enough time to devote to it. (please see my avatar....) However, now that I've retired - I STILL wouldn't have the time. I finished work June last year and I have still not finished the massive 'to-do' list, which grows by the week. Very enjoyable though to be able to say "I wont do that today".

Good Luck All!

Guest Petemate

I laughed at this as well especially when described in the text as an S7 when its clearly a 2B. Good luck to the person who buys this one

I too wondered at the description, but though that the seller meant it was an S7 type of car. But of course, as RH did an S7 that would have been the intended type I suppose.

Pete

he does correctly state its a

'Robin Hood 2B/4 Kit Car...............'

at the top. although then says s7 which might cause confusion. Doesn't seem to be trying to mislead and states IVA is required and costs etc

certainly more than a weekends work though, not sure why people say that as if it is then do the work this weekend and sell it as IVA ready next week! or even better put it through IVA and sell it for £3000+

hope he gets what he's looking for.