Engine System Fault

Guest sparks

Guest sparks

Can anyone give me any pointers as to what it could be?

Just towing caravan home with Disco 3, then after overtaking a vehicle above message flashed up on dash and cars speed decreased to 30mph.

Pulled off called AA recovered to chester services waited for AA mechanic, he arrived explained what had happed. Turn car on no fault message on dash, took car for drive with AA mechanic, nothing!

AA mechanic then suggested hooking car and caravan up and setting of home and would follow ups home.

Nothing happened for nearly 16 miles then just overtaken a lorry fault message again. Pulled off motorway, pulled over AA mechanic saw message on dash, asked me to turn car off and on again, did and message went.

AA mechanic towed caravan on his vehicle and followed us home, Disco worked fine all the way.

Mechanic did say that before I signalled him that I had a problem caravan swerved a bit, but I told him that I had towed and worst movement than that.

But fault is only happening when towing!!

Anybody got any suggestions????? Besides get rid of the caravan and Disco!!

Cheers

Mark

Guest MarkB

nah, fault occurring when the engine is under more stress, hence the caravan removed helps. what engine? you really need to connect it to a diag machine, tdv6 suffer from egr faults, but they don't usually put them in limp mode, if it is an egrr fault on a tdv6, don't replace them.. lots of dosh, bypass thern... 40 quid for the kit and 20 mins to fit.

Guest chris brown

Need to get it on a code reader first but even then there may be lots of codes saved so you may have to clear them all down and then replicate the fault again. The problem is that the ECU records every glitch there has been in the system and makes it difficult to pick out the correct code (offending item)

I have a similar problem on my TDCI Mondeo

Replaced the cheap stuff, now pointing to injectors

It's a difficult problem to fully diagnose as its fuel pressure related and as such can be one of many things

On the Mondeo engine most times its the Delphi injectors

Guest peter2b2002

talking of mondeos, a few weeks ago comming back from fishing stopped off a the tescos near New Brighton, I put £20 of unleaded in turned the key engine spun but would not fire , pushed it back out from the pumps tried again , still not firing, told to move off the loading area to a leyby on the other side of the road , tried starting, vroom vroom, now before i filled up there was about 1/4 tank left in, and i had only driven about 5 miles from cold, been as good as gold since not any ideas?

peter2b

Guest sparks

Thanks for all the replies.

Took it into dealer who ran a diagnostic and found manifold pressure fault, so they carried out a software update and carried out smoke test (don't know what that is?) and found pipe from airbox to turbo had come loose so the refitted.

carried out mini valet all for £70 inc VAT.

Brilliant if it works, so we will just wait and see.

Guest sparks

I thought that.

We had the hand brake done about 4 weeks ago at same place, cables had melted onto electronic module or something should have been £1100 but charged £1045 and did mini valet. So this could have influenced the price.