Forum Karting Event Feeler

maccavvy

After chatting with mark b a few days ago was thinking about a karting event for the rhocar crew

1st question is who would be interested. which format would you prefer Iron man or grand prix.

Ones a straight race one is a qualifier and heats .

Ive been to many places but leeds sticks out for being a decent sized track.

http://www.ppik.net/indoor-karting-track/leeds

Prices are plus 3 quid membership

http://www.ppik.net/karting-pricing-race-formats/leeds

feel free to post what day/times are best. i was thinking about a weekend one.maybe sat eve or sunday day tme or eve.

Post whats good for you and ill take from there when we have ideas. friends etc welcome to make the numbers up

Been there dude..went last year..need good weather which is hard to predict and karts have poor parity.We had words with the staff last time. PPIK replaced all karts in october

im always open though to ideas.

Put me down as an interested party, depends on mine/wife's work etc so can't give a total commitment I'm afraid.

I've been to a few in Hull but we struggle to get the numbers needed as most people prefer the quali heats then fast/slow final which needs 12.

Although Hull is fun, it is council run and funding is an issue, which means the karts are abit hit and miss. It's also outdoor which can be a pain in rain but is great fun when damp/drying off.

I'll wait for others to decide a date and see if i'm allowed can make it :vava:

If you fancy a run down to Leicester at some point we have this place

http://strettoncircuit.co.uk/2012sitefiles/2012pages/adult.php

The manager, mechanic and barmen are all Hoodies. We all had a go a couple of years ago and it was great.

It is outdoors and it was in winter.... So it was mega cold.

Maybe could do it as part of a weekend camp out / p**s up / regional club swap event or something.......

Steady on Andi, I think the half hour of sunshine we had today has gone to my head :rofl:

Even so I`ll enquire at the next meet to see if any discounts can be had.

Andi

To be able to sort this and collect deposits etc I was thinking of booking it in prob august ,so the show season is winding down so wont interfere with that,The reason I chose leeds was indoor just in case weather is bad and a central ish uk location.Also the prices are very competitive for the time on track.

If I go for a Saturday tea time/late afternoon is that ok with people.??

There is a bar upstairs too for an after race beverage and if weather ok the car park will be full of kits so it could easily turn into a rhocar meet and greet.

Guest peter2b2002

been to a couple of go carting runs when I was in the TVH group , I'm 11 stone so I cant get the car going fast but corner ok if i can get the Ok from swmbo count me in+ i might joint u in camping

peter2b

been to a couple of go carting runs when I was in the TVH group , I'm 11 stone so I cant get the car going fast but corner ok if i can get the Ok from swmbo count me in+ i might joint u in camping

peter2b

11 stone?? Can't go fast?? Jesus Peter, I'll get lapped by the second corner then at a slender 16 stone mate. :(