Detling

Guest tom-zero

Guest Jameslark

There are groups of the SKCC going on both days with the Sunday being preferred due to the likely wet Saturday. Come over and see us. Tony B due to be there on Sunday with his Zero with its new engine.

Guest tom-zero

sadly im putting my brothers elise back together for him on sunday otherwise i will prob do both days if i get his car finised early enough i will try to make sunday afternoon, i have been following the thread on skcc and see more people are going on the sunday now bloody british weather lol would be good to see tonys car now its all done i went and had a look when he was mid way through.

Hi,

I'll be there on Sunday - for the first time in my Super Spec (passed IVA in December) :) .

I was hoping to do both days as its my local show but with no top or windscreen I try to avoid the rain.

John (jwts).

This could work Richard, (County Show), but I think a presence would have to be committed for the duration.

Camping could be the option, similar to Stoneleigh.

Last year was embarrasing. 2 members (Phil & Bob/Mo), each drove fair distances for what could only be described as a poor show.

After visiting Newark a few times and Stoneleigh last year (for the first time), I know what's worth the journey.

I agree, how long can Detling continue??

Anyone fancy convoying to Stoneleigh/Newark?

Guest Captain Daz

Just got back from Detling.

Oh my goodness! I haven't been able to make it for around 4 years and didn't realise just how bad it's got.

No club areas, very few trade stands, fewer manufacturer stands. The stunt show looked like a bunch of hoodies joy riding. If I didn't know better I would have thought the kit car industry was about to close down for good. It feels like the organisers don't want it to do well.

The only beacon of light was the GBS stand. They did such a great job, making it look really professional.

In the past I've stayed all day. I struggled to last 2 hours. So glad I took the Hood so I didn't pay!

I won't be back.

Guest Sharky

The best part about Detling for me this year was the drive there and back!

Admittedly got there early afternoon, but it was was very poor and most people seemed to be trailing out as we arrived!

I won't be going again that's for sure! Sad as its the only one near us, but it seems that other shows are more worth the travel.

What was interesting was that I bumped into the Zero owners who have the rotary engine fitted, they have overcome loads to get that on the road. Well done to them!

Sharky

I didn't get there in the end 'cause my Super Spec broke down on the way :( .

It seems I didn't miss very much but it will be a shame if it closes down. it's by far the nearest for me and I've attended it every year since I joined RHOCaR. I think one of it's problems is that it's the earliest in the season and consequently is more likely to have bad weather. In the five years I've been there it has rained heavily at least four times. The first year (2008) it was absolutely torrential. Maybe i would be better if they moved it to later?

The idea of blending into the county show sounds possible, they aready have a decent vehcle display including cars, buses, military vehicles, etc.

If it does close where is the next nearest relevent event?

John (jwts).

Hi same view here, it's a shame it's dropped off. There were very few trade stands, there was also an area reserved for the SKCC but no cars there at all on Sunday

Ray ordered some steering bits from CBS, otherwise I would have been ticked off.

I did buy a packet of scalpel blades for the aircraft modelling!

Bob