Guest michael.lynockm

Guest michael.lynockm

Hi guys,

Has anyone updated their Zero with a servo? If so which one did you use? Do you have any photo's you could send?

My Zero has a terriffic turn of speed with breath taking acceleration. However, it doesn't want to stop very quickly which is frigthening but worse still, dangerous. I've had all the stories about getting used to it, etc but... in the mean time I still have to drive it and it really isn't safe.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Mike

Guest Spencer Griffiths

When I went out for a test drive with Richard in the old orange mk1 demo car he made it stop on a penny. Not sure if he had discs all round or drums on the back, but it certainly did the job (so did the harness at keeping me in the car).

Mine was discs up front, drums rear, no servo and std Sierra master cyl.

If you stood on the middle pedal it hurt your chest from pressing into the harness'.

If your certain its not just your "feel" perhaps somebody near by could have a look as John suggested above?

Mike, I would seek out a second opinion, from experience a servo is likely to make it more dangerous not less.

If you are on the road you must have passed the IVA, part of which tested the braking efficiency with a given load applied so must have met standard.

how long have you been on the road, have the brakes deteriorated since the test?

Guest michael.lynockm

Mike, I would seek out a second opinion, from experience a servo is likely to make it more dangerous not less.

If you are on the road you must have passed the IVA, part of which tested the braking efficiency with a given load applied so must have met standard.

how long have you been on the road, have the brakes deteriorated since the test?

Hi KT. It's only been IVA'd two months a go with all new parts. I've just clocked up 22miles so far. The baking efficiency was measured by power to weight ratio and yes it did pass.

I will have to try and get someone local to give it a run and see what they think.

• 2 months later...
Guest mchi3am2

Although this is a pretty old post I thought I'd a comment.

We fitted a disk brake to a dyno at work (testing system) and when we first started using it, the brake was rubbish. We had to bed in the pads with some seriously hard braking to get them working correctly.

It might not be that at all but if you've only done 22 miles with new pads, it could be that you haven't worked through all the protective coating yet and the pads will get better as you use the car more.

The other thing to mention is that in order to bed in the pads correctly, we had to get the pads to about 180 degrees surface temperature so it might be that you're going to have to drive like a learner for a bit to get the bite you need.

I'd be interested to know if you managed to fix this.

Andrew

Yes, I drove from Doncaster to Nottingham for my IVA and the examiner said that as the brakes were still new (near 50 miles) he held them on the brake tester in order to warm up the rears.

You need about 100 miles before they are bedded in really.

Simon.