Instruments From Donor ?

Guest weanspapa

Guest weanspapa

Does anyone know of a car that you can use the instruments from ? There are some very nice fascia panels out there, I understand there will be problems but that seems to be part of the charm (?) At present the original Sierra instrument panel sits glowering at me from its binnacle, not pretty

many thanks Robert Jones

Guest weanspapa

thank you, have looked at seperate gauges but oh what a price, would like to to put in second hand instruments but the idea of an integrated system from one of the top marques appealed. I realise that most of these will probably be digital or damned near impossible to transpose but worth a consideration if anyone had tried. ( this time of year we all have too much time to think of daft and impractical ideas, but you never know)

kind regards Robert Jones

capri gauges can be made to look good, i know terry (tazzzzman1) did this on his 2b. I've got some old smiths gauges in mine which i think look good, but the speedo/tacho aren't that accurate.

Hi Rob

As Andy says above. I used a set of Capri instruments in my old 2B which I then split apart and re-wired individually (simple enough job). End result I think looked pretty good.

Also on my latest build (Roadrunner Sr2) I have re-used the MX5 instrument cluster, which I have refaced using a "Lockwood" facing kit to match the car. Really chuffed with the end results and does give the appearance of individual clocks with out the mega £££'s 8)

Piccies below

Capri clocks in the 2B post-2721-0-34919500-1366387416_thumb.jpg

MX5 clocks in my Sr2 post-2721-0-43906500-1366387226_thumb.jpg

Hope this answers your query as to wether they can look ok or not? In the end the choice/ taste is up to the end user... :db: