Dogs Don't Live Long Enough

richardm6994

I don't wish to bring doom & gloom down onto the rhocar forum, but I do feel the need to share this with people.

This morning we've had our dog jasmine put to sleep because old age had caught up and over took her. She was very happy until the very end, but her legs had just stopped working.

I've had dogs all through my life, but for various reasons (moving to America, leaving home etc...) I've never been there at the very end until today....and it was simply the hardest thing swmbo and i have gone through in our lives so far...and for those of you who know what we went through last year you'll know that I don't use that phrase lightly.

I know everyone loves their pets what ever they may be (apart from the scum bags in the world), but there is something so special about dogs....after all they are "mans best friend"

For those who have never owned a dog, it hard for you to understand this.

For those who do have a dog, but not yet suffered the loss, then you probably have a good idea

For those who have lost a dog, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Well, life moves on.....and the v8 will just have to be completed without my little apprentice.

Please people, make the most of your dogs because time flys by and they just don't live long enough!

image_zps20285375.jpg

:-( Bad times. I can only imagine, not being a dog person until Mrs came along. Ours are only 5 but I know I'm going to be gutted when one or the other or both kick the bucket. I can promise you I'm making the most of them, my two little buggers are spoilt rotten, and they know it, and they have come to expect it!

• Like 1

It is a sad fact of life that unless you are in your twilight years or you bought a tortoise it is inevitable that you will have to bury several pets

Doesn't make it any easier however many times it happens

Guest oshiney2

so sorry mate been there wore the t/shirt and its crap think of the good times you had i have to mini schnauzers ginger and poppy mum and daughter just found out poppy is diabetic but treatable she doing really well now they both send there hugs

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know how you feel - we had to have one of ours put down a couple of years ago after his back end stopped working completely. He had a set of wheels for a while but in the end he couldn't even keep it together with those. It is a shame when they seem otherwise happy.

is a very hard thing to do, after 16 yrs my old springer lost her spring, sad thing was her heart she was still a puppy but the body wasnt able,

and now we have bailey , bloody stupid thing !! lol,

"quote

not being a dog person until Mrs came along. Ours are only 5 but I know I'm going to be gutted when one or the other or both kick the bucket""

i read that incorrectly, and thought it was ref to wife or dog, made me laugh, then i relised you had two dogs lol

• Like 2

Very sorry for your loss! You have our family's sympathy. My garden is the burial ground to 7 cats and we are now onto our second pair of Labradors. I had to carry one of the last pair half a mile home when his back legs finally gave up! As well as our own dogs having to be put down when the time was right I have also had to help the neighbour with one of her dogs on its final trip to the vets! I hate the vets!

Guest peter2b2002

sorry to hear about your loss , been there a few times my self with dogs , cats and horses, just remember the good times you had together

peter2b

:sorry: losing a long term pet is never good. We had to let my cat go to sleep last year after 14 years with us ,due to cancer.

One of the hardest decisions in life to make ..chin up fella it does get easier

no how ya feel fello my mumhad two dogs daft as brushes they were golden retreivers one back end went the other old age miss them, got my own dogs had since left home i got a rotty cross akita he is 13 yr old puppy inside but body not up to it he limps now just hope he lasts longer than i expect with his age and the other dog is a white german shepard daftiest thing ever that one is about 11 month old but cant see me ever being without a dog soory about your loss give it time you will have another but will never forget the one you lost.bet you got some good pics of him.