Carb Set Up

ivan the terrible

took the kit to torque tune, got a good increase of power ,but seems i have a couple of issues, i need bigger idle jets, got 35s in at the moment, could do with 40s or 45s, and seems the exhaust manifold is holding it back slightly, but not to worried about that at the moment, being a complete novice does the idle jets being changed make sense? what was happening was,travelling at about 1500rpm then floor the gas pedal it seems to hesitate a bit which throws your head forward because all power goes then it suddenly takes off and throws your head back,(not quite as bad since russ tweaked it) wifes trying to get a whiplash claim off me, anyone got any ideas? (not about the whiplash claim) also the manifold is a 4 into1 but is quite compact and all goes into 1 under the bonnet, so all you see outside is just the one pipe, but like i said not to worried about that, just want it to run smoother, cheers ivan

I guess if the exhaust system can breathe properly at all times then operation is going to be smoother and less dramatic. I was always told that a four into one exhaust was best for horsepower but a four into two into one better for torque. Doesn't matter how much fuel you can get in if you can't get the exhaust out. I don't know a lot about carbs, thats why mine will be going to a rolling road too. I have had my twin 45's to bits to clean them out and they are bloody complicated things, jets, accelerator pumps, progression holes all a mystery to me. If this guy comes recommended by Dan and Mark then he must know what he's doing.