Rich Carbs Advice

Guest svsdino

Guest svsdino

Hi All,I have a 2.0 Pinto with zx6 bike carbs that have been set up on a rolling road. The mixture at full revs is perfect but at "bimbling " speeds ie 40 - 45 mph ish under 2000 revs it does start to coke up after a while and requires a bootfull of throttle to clear it. Are there separate idle jets in these carbs or am I stuck with this?

The car is running a Vulcan big valve head and a Kent FR32 cam. The guy at the rolling road said to try 1step up hotter spark plugs, what does anyone think of this?

Thanks for your advice!

Guest shorty

Hi I also have a 2.0 pinto on ZX6R carbs but not set up on a rolling road.Worth trying hotter plugs but I would have expected it to run right after a rolling road set up.I lifted the needles up on my carbs one notch and it also started to choke the engine it is now running the same as it was when it was on a Kawasaki.Have you had the plugs out to have a look at the colour I think this the best indication on mixture.By the way I am running on standard main jets IE not drilled out.

But as I said try changing the plugs as the mixture should be OK after being on a rollng road

Artie

Guest shorty

Yes Svsdino they do have idle mixture screws in to weaken an they should be approx 2.5 to 3.5 turns out.

At 40 to 45 mph it is mainly down to needle position the idle mixture will not be having a great effect.

Artie

Guest richkart5

I would drop the needle closer to the jet by moving the circlip up the needle this will lean off the mixture and should make lower end run cleaner without effecting the top end power. Rich