Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

Quick picture

1224CD0B-01E3-4E75-9681-F82408FF8974-2188-00000293AB01F35B.jpg

Also gone back to my mountney wheel as the sierra one is too big and runs on my legs. It also blocked the speedo which the mountney one doesn't, so just need to make a cover for that now.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working in the car today, cut the cycle wings so they now fitand re ready for paint, fittes remote reservoir and bled the brakes, which bled perfectly first time and in total about 10minutes!! Then had a small test drive, I cannot wait to get this finished now

E2FEA8F9-2BDF-43C8-A5E4-E76DE078A025-2636-000002F52D0522E0.jpg

Couple of updates. Started on a bolt in harness bar, just waiting on brother in law to turn up some crush tubes at work next week before final fitting. Will be painted at later date. Also removed none iva compliant fog lights and fitted one compliant one.

72A8AFA2-7AB8-4D16-A0AC-B920EFA7C0A7-892-000001310C14F2E9.jpg

Harness bar looks very high now

Legal but high

Seat belt mounting

Block of wood on the seat touching the back

136mm long

53mm high

Measure up from front top of block 450mm this gives you the reference point belts should be higher than this.

Lower mounts no more than 500mm apart

Blimey - so the "head restraint" portion of those seats are actually supporting your back :) ? So your head is way above the line of the rollover bar, presumably?

This does all just look such a load of hassle for you, and I know we talked about it at club night, but you didn't strike me as that tall a chap sitting down :) !! I wonder if this whole palava has stemmed from the seats - they just seem to high, or don't let you sink down enough - which is a shame because I've not seen any other S7-type car have to go through this ordeal to pass IVA on the harness mounting points..!

Good work though ;)

I'm 6ft, but my height isn't so much the problem. This is an early mono, later ones had a harness bar already in place on the roll bar. Also my bar is wider than the later ones.

Seats was a nightmare. I tried various grp seats and could not get one that fitted me and the car at the same time. The cobras are probably a bit taller at the base than say, intatrim odyssey, but they are very comfy!

Head rest just touches bottom of my head when leant back but I think will therefore be just nice with a helmet on.

Again with head tilted back, Roll bar is just taller than my head. So couple of extensions will be fitted post iva.

Late start on the car today, didn't get out there until 11am and generally just plodded along. Worked mostly on the seat mounts and finally got a fit I am happy with in the drivers seat and all properly bolted into place. I have found the seat mounts a right faff of a job and it took me until 4pm to get it finished and put everything away again.

I then was told I had not done my "chores" so nipped out to pick up some bits for swmbo and the bits I needed to fix the lawn mower. Lawn mower repaired, grass cut and I found I had a little time before I would be moaned at to come in for the night, so back to the garage I went!

Decided I had just enough time to fit the type r oil pressure gauge I had picked up at stoneleigh. This poor neglected gauge has been owned by numerous Rhocar members but never has anyone actually fitted it to a car! Today, that has changed. It is now fitted and working in my car a I have to say I love the look. May even swap to all type r gauges at a later date. The only issue I had was the thread on the sender was wrong for the pinto, thankfuly in my box of bits I had a suitable thread adaptor so all is well and no leaks.

9B6FDD95-8A69-4FA5-8392-DC140F816537-195-0000011E31FC17D7.jpg

1ECD8A01-71FD-4658-881E-A403686FEA87-195-0000011E25DB1EEF.jpg

• Like 1