Theducks Build To Date In (Not So) Brief (Anymore)

theduck

• 2 weeks later...

So 2 weeks on, all the DVLA can tell me is they are having problem retrieving the images, not that the girl who told me that could actually explain what it means! :sorry:

What she means is that their image of a bureaucratic bunch of Civil Servants is false and they are really a caring customer friendly department but they are having trouble retrieving that image .

Case handler called me this morning with a query over the receipt for the kit. I only have a receipt from the person I bought it from and not from the kit manufacturer and this means I can only have a Q plate. This was what I was expecting anyway which I told him and he was happy with so all resolved and now just waiting a call back later today, hopefully to confirm my registration :D

• Like 4

Ok time to round this thread off.

Wednesday was exactly 4 years to the day from when I collected the car and so it was fantastic to finally ahve my registration confirmed. The V5 and number plates have arrived today but I've not had chance to take it out due to the poor weather so photos of it on the road will have to wait. The story isnt over though. It isnt even taking a break. I started the post IVA/Winter mods the day I passed IVA, but havent posted about them yet as I have decided they will be going into a new thread. I will be starting that later so will update this post with the link once its up.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been reading this thread, and even more those who have commented and helped along the way. There have certainly been times where this thread was the only thing keeping me motivated, and obstacles over come only by the help of the members off the club, so again, thank you all of you!

LINK TO THE NEW THREAD http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=43271

Edited by theduck
  • Like 5