Stoneleigh

Al Milton

Guest MarkB

Asked my boys to take some pictures..... they have took dozens upon dozens which i will make available...

IMG_0681_zps22eeae03.jpg

Proud to be wearing his own members card, offspring number2

IMG_0682_zps6fc6b868.jpg

Also proud to be wearing a his own members card, offspring number 1

IMG_0683_zpsb0c2e24f.jpg

this picture just speaks for itself!! :rofl: :rofl:

IMG_0717_zps3cf3e3d7.jpg

Chris will be glad to know his car was one of my boys favorites

IMG_0718_zps5ff606e5.jpg

One of our newer Stoneleigh members with the Bin Laden Spaniel :rofl: :rofl: =@

IMG_0743_zps7403e03a.jpg

when this car was finsihed being built and painted, one member said the pictures dont do it justice.... they were right, it looks stunning in the flesh !!

Loads more pics to come

Guest chris n's missus

a perfect weekend. great weather, great company and a great effort by all those involved in making the rhocar stand the best place to be this weekend. met old friends, made new ones and a great time had by all. cant wait for Newark :drinks:

Excellent weekend. weather was the best that I can remember at Stoneleigh. Nice to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. A few memberships taken over the weekend - thanks to Becks (leave her alone for 5 minutes and look what happens lol)

Thanks to all involved for making this such a great weekend.

Guest Neil.Pritchard

Hi all, only managed to stay for the sunday show but enjoyed every miniute of it . Thanks for the coffee at the club stand . Brillant weather and a good show , show gets better each year. Left for the trip back to wales about 4.30 arrived home at 8.30 with only one stop for fuel.

Cheers Neil.

Guest Kennedy48

Great day really enjoyed the Sunday I was there. Will have to come to the stand at Newark as only walked past the rhocar stand this time. But from where I could see there was some great looking cars on the stand

I really enjoyed the show this year. The BBQ was a great idea, as was having the gazebo behind the stand as this drew people in and got them talking.

It was really good to see such a varity of kit cars on the club stand and the posters advertising the fact that any enthusiast can become a member of RHOCAR! Whoever it was who came up with this idea .....genius!

Also after watching the many projects documented on this forum, it was really nice to actually see the cars in the flesh as photos never does the workmanship justice.

The biggest difference I saw this year was the efforts made by new and old members who made themselves known, got involved and had a right laugh! After all, it's the people that make the show fantastic!

Finally a bl00dy big thank you to everyone who gave up your time to set-up and run the RHOCAR stand. As well as everything you do on the show weekend, I know that you must do far more behind the scenes in the days / weeks / months leading up to the show than you probably get credit for!

Guest mower man

Could only make sunday but probably the best stonliegh I 've been to lots of car old friends and new good weather and other than a little speedo prob the car ran really well on winters engine mods lots of mid range and just as economical 30mpg very happy mower man :clapping: :clapping: :drinks:

Guest chris brown

Agree with others this must be one of the best for a long time certainly weather wise. My thanks to all who made it work so well especially Phil. Also a big thanks to Stephen for dinner Saturday night and breakfast both days. Also thanks to Laura for dinner on Sunday night, as you can tell I didn't do any cooking at all.

Great weekend, thanks to all those who made it all run smoothly. Thanks to each and every member for your support over the past five years, thanks for the applause and gifrs for myself and Laura at the AGM, unexpected unnecessary but greatly appreciated. Thanks for springing a surprise on me with an honorary position, didn't expect that one. And lastly good luck to the new committee, get behind them and give them all the support they need.

See you at Newark.

• Like 2

But why was the club gazebo/shelter deserted on Sunday night, it was a bit disappointing that there wasn't a focal point for people to meet up at. For anyone on the fringes it looked like you had to be in the right clique not Rhocar to join.

Guest MarkB

But why was the club gazebo/shelter deserted on Sunday night, it was a bit disappointing that there wasn't a focal point for people to meet up at. For anyone on the fringes it looked like you had to be in the right clique not Rhocar to join.

the main reason it was empty is because it was so warm in the evening, many people came and joined us, as soon as we saw people approaching with their chairs they were welcomed in and space made for them, im sure quite a few new faces can vouch for that.

a group of over 20 people was a focal point sharing beer food and laughs if you had pulled a chair up you would have been more than welcome. Its your choice. join us at newark and perhaps you will see the clique only exists in your mind, several people we havent met came over said hello and stayed all night. year on year the number of people sat with us increases. trust me cliqey is the last thing s. yorks is

• Like 1

The evening is always a hard to get every one together. Tim Norman did intoduce the BBQ and that worked for a while, Then as groups start to for they start to cook fro them selves . I stopped the Evening BBQ as at the last stoneleigh I threw away about £20 off food. So have moved it to a day time one that worked quite well. I moved the event shelter down the field more in hope that it would bring people together more. Members suggestions please on how to get every one together if thats what you want, or just do what I do and circulate around the groups!!!