My Experience With Gbs ......

maccavvy

A while ago I bought some bike carbs as they were a too good to miss bargain.

I asked about for where to buy a manifold and gbs amongst others came up.

I decided to go with gbs as the price was a bargain too.

I called them up told them what carbs and that I needed servo and dizzy take off.

This was 2 weeks before easter , they said they would try to get it out before easter.

knowing I had some time off after the easter weekend that would be ideal to get it fitted.

Easter Tuesday I rung up to see what was happening.I was told they would find out and let me know.

days went past so I called them up again and was told its being made and they find out how long before it was made.

More days went by I called them again .. this time I was told its made,but there are 2 different types and they had to check the carb centers and diameters.

I called them with the info and they said yes this is yours.Someone would call to take payment.

Yet again days went past with me calling up and no one willing to help,then someone did call to take payment.

2 days later ,which is now a calendar month it arrived......YAYYY. I though.

I unpacked it to find no dizzy take off or servo take off,called them up and I had to speak to Richard.

3 days passed with me chasing them every day to a point where I asked for a refund.

I had to wait for Richard to authorise this.So after a few days chaing up to speak to Richard I sent it back..they didn't call to say it had arrived and heres your refund.i had to chase them yet again.

As it happens it took until the Stoneleigh show and me approaching them on the stand where I finally got my money back.

I know some of you have had good service. and some have not..this is simply my experience with them.

I will not deal with them again on this.

I finally got a manifold from dan st. 8 days from ordering to being in my hands..with a email in between to let me know its in production.. Now that's customer service.

I too feel they lack basic organisational skills. I have had numerous problems and still am reluctant to deal with GBS. I was at Stoneleigh Sunday and spoke to pretty much everyone there, I've just called to find out the status of an order I'm still waiting plus my parts that needed adapting, turns out these things were at the Stoneleigh show with my name on, but no one thought to pass them on to me. Simple things really.

Guest mikea

I have always found them helpful and good to their word. Mind you I have only ever ordered by speaking to Richard or Keith .. even then they may need chasing a bit.