Feedback Before Iva Application

MarkBzero

Rolling road session completed and emissions now within limits. The Accuspark electronic dizzy is preventing anymore performance with the engine and twin Dellortos, I will need to upgrade after IVA re-test. The mechanic at the garage thinks I would have been better with the old dizzy and electronic module that came with the car.

The declared weights on the IVA application form was incorrect, I took them from the forum. Axle 1 450kg axle 2 600kg however after doing some measurements I need to sign a declaration form that axle 1 is actually 520kg. Not an issue just a form to sign, please remember I have a Zero fitted with crossflow and stainless steel body panels.

Guest Spencer Griffiths

I tnought these were design weights? I was told the same by GBS. I have a zero with a pinto. Just sent in the paperwork. Should be the same for all zeros.

To be honest I am not actually sure but I followed GBS figures but on the VOSA Inspection and results sheet they measured;

Wheel base - 2370mm

Distance from Datum point to axle 1 - 140mm

Centre of gravity height - 310mm

Kerb weight axle 1 - 295kg

Kerb weight axle 2 - 295kg

Weight with driver axle 1 - 325kg

Weight with driver axle 2 - 370kg

Design weight axle 1 - 450kg on IVA application form I had to change and sign declaration to 520kg

Design weight axle 2 - 600kg

Design Gross weight - 1100kg

I suspect it also has something to do with braking effort.

At last at Kidderminister VOSA test station my GBS Zero has passed IVA re-test, working away for the next three days so DVLA paperwork can wait until the weekend.

Thank you to all Rhocar members who have provided advice and support.

• Like 3

Well done Mark, congratulations!

I have my 2B SubK with Pinto booked in for next Monday (28th) at Derby, fingers crossed.

For my 2B the plate GBS provided for me is at also at 1050Kg (450Kg & 600Kg on the 2 axels) same as yours, but then I have bigger steel tubes and all steel panels (except nose & rear wings) then add in the required full tank of fuel (I have the standard Sierra one), hopefully if it is out I will also just have to sign off a declaration :)

Although when they called me from the test centre to arrange the date they did say 99% of kit cars fail first time, very encouraging!

But then went on to say bring lots of trim, edging & tie-wraps as lots of things can be sorted on the day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest mdav1970

Hi,

Glad to see cars are passing with low reworking required. I'm trying to find the specs for the weights on my Mark 3 but cannot locate them anywhere. Its the last thing i need on the application form. Is there a list of them somewhere?

Thanks..Mark