Gbs Openday 1St June 10 Till 3

philshelton

GBS would like to invite you all to our Open Day which is going to be held at the GBS factory. It will be a great chance to come and meet the GBS Team, have a test drive in the Zero Demonstrator, look around the GBS Workshop, Machine Shop and Show Room as well as the Kit Spares Shop and showroom.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rallyreason

Hi Andi with an "i"

Good to have a brief chat with you on saturday. It was a busy turnout and some interesting cars( not all R/H or GBS), but was all welcomed.

I guess the great weather helped as well, and also great cake( as my boy sampled multiples off :acute: ).

You should have joined the track day as well. All i can say is EXCELLENT!. Great turnout, great weather and fantastic support from GBS.(and i am NOT a salesman from GBS :rofl: )

Guest Rallyreason

Yep, Honda S2000. If i remember correctly its running around 260BHP, rev's limit set @ 12000RPM and weighs around the 350KG mark.

They guy said it will spin the wheels in 5th.

Guest Lowlife

Saw it on track at blyton on Sunday it was easily the fastest car there and always with a passenger too.

Did you enjoy the ride in my passenger seat on Saturday???? Sorry didn't get you out on Sunday, wanted to though

John

Did you enjoy the ride in my passenger seat on Saturday???? Sorry didn't get you out on Sunday, wanted to though

John

Yes I did ! - thank you ( see the nice drive thread).

I did watch 6 or so of your laps with someone else and was very impressed.

If the ankle biter had had more patience I'd have been round the track with you like a shot.

When I got back had a little play in mine and pushed it a little further in the corners than usual and car behaved very

well. I think the suspension settings are ok for me at the moment.

Andrew

Guest Rallyreason

my mev atomic weighed 350kg so i doubt a zero weighs that with a car engine and box lightest zero i,ve seen was shafts at a smidge over 500kg, that had carbon fibre all over it

Please all take into account i was quoting what i was told by the person who built the car. i did not carry any scales around with me to challenge the guy.( not that i felt any reason to challenge)

Also the car is built with track/race only. This car has nothing apart from the bare minimum, and when i say bare minimum i mean bare minimum.

Basically its an engine, box, diff, wheels, a required panels, 2 seats and a steering wheel)

But the conclusion is even if it is slightly heavier than he mentioned, boy does it go. with a few tweaks i cant see much catching it. The guy deserves credit for a great specification and build. Look forward to seeing it at the next track day.

• 8 months later...

hi guys i don't recall ever saying the car was 350kg if I did it was in error sorry I was getting questions from all angles, the actual weight is around 500kg as i has put on a little weight (with all the supercharger bits) since I last weighed it and set up the suspension witch i now need to do again.