Pay & Display

Guest JammyJim

Guest JammyJim

Yes thought of that but would they not claim it could of been photographed after fine had been issued with another driver's ticket. I heard of drivers being fined because ticket was on side window etc and not on windscreen.

Guest Colin

If and when possible as some parking machines are for motor bikes as well get these,as you get two tickets,one for bike and one to keep in your pocket.some of these ask you for reg No to be typed on .

Colin

Guest Ian & Carole

Always take a pic of the ticket showing the date and time on ticket .

I tuck mine under the air vent for the screen demist, 10 years and never a problem yet. :80: yet !!

If and when possible as some parking machines are for motor bikes as well get these,as you get two tickets,one for bike and one to keep in your pocket.some of these ask you for reg No to be typed on .

Colin

Now THAT sounds like a sensible idea. A parking machine that issues you two tickets for the fee so you don't need to worry if the one in the windscreen gets lifted / blown away.

Shame most give free parking to motorbikes (probably because of this problem. :) )

Simon.

Guest JammyJim

Another thought as most of our local Car parks are also frequented by seagulls was going to make up a cockpit cover. Front of screen to rear of roll bar so no visible screen. Time for a rethink maybe.

Guest alfaGTA

I've just poked the ticket behind the tax disc previously as to issue a fine they'd want make and model so would have to find the tax disc to get that info and would find the ticket. Also had a fine once in the tintop as the ticket blew off the dash..... I appealed successfully! Safest way could be to put the ticket in your pocket and worry about it afterwards if you got a fine?

Guest JammyJim

I've fitted a motorcycle bolt together tax disc so can't put it there, so looks like stick it to screen and photograph or fit a pouch to cover and photograph. And hope it never happens!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vindi_andy

I tuck mine under the rubber between screen and scuttle then take 2 photos one close up showing date and time and one showing car with ticket visible. Never had a problem. Had a problem in tintop when ticket came unstuck from windscreen and ended up in the footwell sucessfully appealed.

Guest MarkB

I tuck mine under the rubber between screen and scuttle then take 2 photos one close up showing date and time and one showing car with ticket visible. Never had a problem. Had a problem in tintop when ticket came unstuck from windscreen and ended up in the footwell sucessfully appealed.

Blimey tango, long time no see, how are you?