Tsr Harnesses

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I've got the clubman 4 point harnesses that come with the zero kit and if I'm honest they annoy the hell out of me, the straps that go around your waist will not stay tight, every time I get out the car they go to their max setting, and they loosen off whilst driving. Also the shoulder strap excess constantly whips me in the face when driving. Any one had these problems and sorted them? I was thinking of some kind of plastic clips that hold the strap excess in place, I can't find any though but I'm sure I have seen them some where

Guest Tim Norman

I just tie the loose shoulder excess up behind the seats. The straps shouldn't loosen, are you sure you have them fitted right?

Guest mcramsay

I have not faffed around in any way with the belts, I took them out the packet and bolted them in, I've never had the adjusters apart or anything.... I'm thinking of upgrading to a less budget set of harnesses as if I have a crash the harnesses will not do much to help me out!

Guest 5tem

Use the large paper clips to stop them flapping.

Schroth harnesses have a plastic tube that fits through the bottom of the strap - it helps when tightening and reduces the flapping.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sharky

I have made a similar observation and come to the same conclusion as Craig.

First off, double-sided Velcro loops on the shoulder straps has helped to stop some of the near constant face-whipping!

Secondly, it is difficult to adjust the lap straps and get them correctly adjusted when sat in the car due to:

(A) Slim line seating area in the Zero

And

(B) I could do with a slim line butt to go with (A) above!

However, that said, I don't think there is any way of stopping these straps from coming loose when in use and thus I don't have much faith that they will be any good in an accident, so I have been looking for suitable replacements. So far, I have found these:

https://www.europaspares.com/product/174/16502/HARNESSES/LUKE_HARNESSES/Luke_4_point_Caterham___Westfield_Harnesses.html

Trouble is, there is apparently a significant difference between the caterham and westfield strap length sizes, so if anyone has any idea which is closest to the Zero, then that would be most appreciated!

Regards

Sharky

If you're not too keen on the 4 point faffing around how about 3 point inertia reel belts; fitted to Florin & they are correct fit & tension each & every time; regardless of what you are wearing or who is driving.

I hunted for a set of inertia reel harnesses for ages.

Corbeau advertise them in the US but won't sell them in the UK - I came to this after they simply didn't reply to my emails so I asked a mate who manufactures belts if he could make something similar. He can't but he knows someone very high up in Corbeau and gave them a yell.

Then I found Paddock's - Bliss.

http://www.paddockspares.com/sec700black-securon-700-3-point-harness-with-retractor-black.html

Exactly what I was after, by a reputable manufacturer and downright cheap.

Iain

Guest mower man

Personaly in a 7 would not consider any thing recoil or 3 point unless the 3 point is both shoulders as in the willans I have mops only mower man :acute: ps lots of the belts sold are really for salloons that is why there is to much spare one cure is cut it off !! :acute:

Depends on the three points - have you looked at the link I posted? It's a three point mounting but has two shoulder straps so not like a normal car "lap and shoulder" belt. There is quite a lot of belt on the reel and in my GTM it goes through the harness holes on the seat, over a horizontal bar that's welded between the roll-over bar uprights and then down towards the floor. The reel is actually mounted to a crossmember on the rear bulkhead.

Another neat little feature is that if you turn the orientation dial it locks the inertia mechanism. If I'm planning on hooning around a race track I can sit down and fasten the belt then reach back and turn the dial a little to give me a fixed belt. In normal use though I can lean forwards to mess with the heater or radio controls and the harness goes with me and then retracts when I sit back again.

Iain