Wiper Arms And Blades

Guest bugsy

Guest bugsy

Hi All,

I am haveing a real problem getting wiper arms and 8" blades for my Super Spec, the motor is off a Ford so large nuts :unsure: everything i have tried so far is for mini etc,

The ones supplied are non ajustable and straight, this means they would be halfway across the screen in the parked position.

I have tried all the usual sources Europa, Local autofactors etc, just wondering if anyone had come across the same problem :blink:

Cheers

Bugsy :rolleyes:

Ps No pressure my SVA is next week :boohoo: :D

Guest Pacman

I bought a set of six inch blades and ajustable arms at Stoneliegh the company has mail order I think ? so you might get them in time ( Car Builder Solutions)

Tel 01580 891309 Fax 01580 893733 0r visit www.nfauto.co.uk

Guest plt63

Hi,

Just add my two penneth worth.... I spent a lot of time over this on my subk, but the principle should be the same........

I used the standard ford sierra wiper arms (or as supplied in super spec kit), cut down in length if required (measure the outside diameter of your blade arc first).

To get the things to sit right when parked, use a blowtorch and heat the area where the thin part (5mm x 2mm) of the wiper arm comes out of the mounting assembly, until it is red hot. Dont forget to take the blades off first !!!!!

This part of the arm can then be bend to about 30-40 degrees, making it park correctly against the bottom of the screen.

Rivet or bolt the arm to the blade. (dont know if you need this with Super spec)

Be careful not to twist the arm when bending it, otherwise the wiper blade doesnt end up square to the screen.

It took me two goes to get this right, but end result is neat and effective.

Paint the arms with matt/satin black spray on completion.

Hope its a useful alternative?