1600 Pinto With A 2L Head?

Simon Parish

Hi

I've been looking at a robin hood 2b that is for sale in Walsall and have finally got in touch with the seller - hopefully going to go and have a look at the car on tuesday.

here's the like to the advert: http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/robin-hood-2b-kit-car/1020414852

When I spoke to the seller I asked for clarification on the engine size as it says 1600 in one part and 2L in another.

He said it was a 1600 with a 2L head - can anyone explain to a none mechanical person what this means and if it is a good thing buying this car?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Simon

thanks for the replies guys, I was thinking of making it to a 2l if i do get it - will know more by Tuesday evening.

I have checked the numberplate with DVLA and it says its a 1600 - may be a little under powered for a chap of my stature!

Guest MarkB

Getting the engine changed on the v5 can be a bit tricky, don't get me wrong it can be done, I have known dvla ask one member for a letter from a garage confirming an engine change and subsequent details, another member was asked for a letter from this club confirming his engine and numbers, still awaiting wether the 2 mentioned have recieved their v5's back yet

it is most likely a 1600 engine with a 2000 camshaft as this is higher duration and will give better power.

I'd be surprised if a 1.6 with a 2.0 head on would run well, if at all as the compression would be extremely low.

Guest marsbar

Hi Simon , just briefly looking at the car I see its fitted with the original shocks from the Kit, most people change these as they tend to fail after a short period of time.

If you are condidering buying it I would try to get the price down at least by the cost of New Shocks.

Good luck

I asked the guy

"Is it a 2litre or a 1.6 pinto"

and he replied

"yes"

Some visual checks will be in order.

As far as I know the 2.0l pinto blocks will have a cast number on them begining with 20X, the 1.8 18X, the 1.6 16X (with X being a number).

Find the cast number and you will know what block its got.

PM will be sent also.

Ozz