Really Tail Happy Car !

blue

Hi I have the 2b mono with the front in-board shocks and the handling is just scary!!!!!! the car is just so tail happy ive tried the rear camber up to 0deg up to -4deg neg tried tyre pressures up and down . made front shocks harder and rears softer etc the car just don't inspire confidence !!!!!! An example is a big roundabout approach it at 30-40 mph in 4th and if you even think of touching the gas your going backwards facing the on coming cars !!!!!!!!! I don't have cheap tyres and i,m running a 2.0 zetec with a 3,14 diff for touring !!!!!! so its not like its set up for wheelspinning 1st to 3rd !!! any ideas !!!!!!!!!!

spring rates too, do you know what they are? if one end is too stiff/soft it'll cause problems.

Is it a problem under braking? could be brake balance?

What tyre pressures do you run? i run 19f 21r on my 2b.

If it's a monocoque car it's not a 2b by the way.

Guest woolly

First guess rear wheel alignment check with tracking gauge readings will be in reverse.

The same reason you are using camber wedges the toe in or out is altered because you are at the extreme of the Sierra rear set up.

Wait for it

Guest Tim Norman

Tyre pressures, ride height, spring rates and possibly brake bias? You need to get your rear end set up correctly as noted above. Camber no more than 0.5 degree.

Guest mower man

You have all the answers above use them one at a time make only slight adjust ments ,write down what you have done to compare results. One thing bothers me a little 2b 's were never mono they have a tube chassis not a monocoque mowerman

Guest chris brown

You say you have tried adjusting tyre pressure but by how much and what was your starting point? Start with 18 lb in the front and 20 lb in the back which depending on tyres may still be 2 or 3 lb to high but is a good starting point. Correctly set up a S7 which I suspect yours is, is a very good car.

BTW how is the car described in the V5? It should tell you the model in that.

My mono was the complete opposite

All understeer until I did the tie bar conversion

Now its neutral with a bit of understeer

I would suspect its mostly rear toe in your case

Edited by Snapperpaul

Guest mower man

My mono was the Colette opposite

All understeer until I did the tie bar conversion

Now its neutral with a bit of understeer

I would suspect its mostly rear toe in your case

Who is Collete is she from france? :crazy: :rofl: :sorry:

hi thanks for all the replys yer log book says s7 but everyone who sees the car says o its a robinhood 2B aint it so im just so used to saying yer I just forget its true name !!!!!! (the senior moments are starting) anyway I have tracking gauges and camber/caster gauges so ill have a look weekend !!!!!! again thanks for all the replys