Super Spec For Sale 58 Plate

Guest carlconrod

Guest carlconrod

Hi

I am having to sell my super spec as I don’t have the time to take it out.

Since I bought this car I have only been out in it 6 times!!!!

Spec as follows:

2L 16v rover engine

Mt75 gear box

Discs front and rear

Smith’s clocks

Very good tyres

Spare wheel mounted on the rear

It’s on a 2008 plate!

Sports CAT fitted

New Stainless steel exhaust

Alarm and insurance approved immobiliser fitted.

Stainless steel chassis and panels

Alloy rover sump

New battery last year

Braded brake lines

Done less than 3000 miles!

Things that need sorting:

Ride height needs to be raised as is set to low “have not got a spanner for the large nuts” sump guard now fitted is only 40mm off the road.

MOT and tax have run out as I don’t use the car

A few marks on the panels

Some of the lacquer has started coming away from the wheels.

So In short, if you have time:

Lift the cars ride height to the right height

MOT & Tax it and off you go =8-)

Car is in Colchester Essex

£3500 ovno

post-11128-0-88419500-1372492188_thumb.jpg

post-11128-0-25364700-1372492209_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest carlconrod

Thanks All for your reply's.

I was hoping to sell on here as you guys know these cars and could sell it with the ride height as is. If someone could lend me a spanner for the shocks then maybe I could sort the ride height, MOT and Tax then sell elsewhere?

Thanks again

Carl

• 1 year later...

I can't compare it with a standard 2B (I suspect the 2B would win in a drag race) as I have only ever driven my Superspec (which I LOVE), but like all kit cars, the engine came from a car that weighs twice as much as the Superspec (a Rover 420 in this case) so it has plenty of power.

There are 3 major issues with Superspecs. The first is the sump clearance, which as you can see from this thread is easily fixed, although make sure yours has the remote oil filter mod fitted. The second is the mating of the engine and gearbox. This required a home-brewed spigot or something to be manufactured and unfortunately with many of them the tolerances were a bit loose. So many Superspecs, including mine, rattle like a bunch of bolts in a tin can when you in neutral with the engine running. So check that, although mine has been doing it since 2008 and 9000 miles so I am living with it. And the final one is the clutch cable, where the mounting at the pedal end is a very poor design and keeps snapping.

You might want to read my blog (see signature) which describes in detail all the work I have done on my Superspec over the last year since I bought her. It will highlight all the issues you may want to check when you do a test run.

BTW, I hope you aren't considering E-Bay Item 221556664294. That doesn't look like a Superspec to me.

Any other questions, I have identified 35 Superspec owners within the Club who can advise you.

Cheers

Al