Robin Hood Log Book Query

Guest Scotty

Guest Scotty

hi ive just bought a robinhood s7 on ebay which im collecting tomorrow.i did a hpi on the car this morning and it says the car is a ford cortina. is this correct or should it say its a robinhood thanks.

Guest Scotty

Thanks for your replies.ive contacted the owner who's said the logbook says its a ford cortina. He also said it had a new mot last week which also lists the car as a ford cortina. I'm going to check with dvla tomorrow but I'm 99.9% sure I already no there answer. I'm new to the Robin Hood scene and gutted. :-(

Guest chris brown

The MoT tester should not have tested the car (VOSA have informed testers to watch out for these "l

Illegal" cars and not to test them)

Thanks for your replies.ive contacted the owner who's said the logbook says its a ford cortina. He also said it had a new mot last week which also lists the car as a ford cortina. I'm going to check with dvla tomorrow but I'm 99.9% sure I already no there answer. I'm new to the Robin Hood scene and gutted. :-(

there are plenty more out there with the correct v5, keep looking

Guest snowy2

There is a possibility of your getting the log book changed, it needs to be via a club rep and its not guarenteed.

beware of those cars registered as other make kit cars as well i heard of an owner with a new built westfield (i think) who has been told his car is not legal as its registered as a Dutton. he is apparently being done for fraud.

Guest Scotty

Thanks for all you advise guys. I've managed to get half my deposit back on the car.its now relisted on eBay but at least he now mentions the fact it's still registered as a ford cortina now.

Guest Scotty

Hi guys,I've found an s7 I'm looking at on Thursday.I'm hoping to get some advise on what to look for as I've no idea. This one is correctly registered as a Robin Hood. but I'm not sure where to find the vin plate or any identification which the car should have.It's built on a cortina I'm told so any advise on what to look for would be great fully appreciated thanks Scott .