1275 Abs Freestyle Buggy

Guest Dave Skirrow

Guest Dave Skirrow

Mini donor 1275 Unleaded buggy. £2000 ono

Car is in Cheadle Hulme near Stockport (SK8)

BAD POINTS:

No MOT (mainly because I'm not insured on this so can't drive it to the MOT station). Handbrake will probably need adjusting to pass. Nothing else I'm aware of but it's been SORN for about 12-13 months so who knows.

Cycle computer speedo. Could do with something a little better like an acewell but it does the job. Having no fuel gauge keeps you on your toes...

Engine number doesn't match what is on the V5. You should really update this with DVLA or refit the correct engine which I do have if you want to take it. However it's split from the box and will ideally need rebuilding as it's been sat around the garage for a year with gearbox off. I managed to jam the dizzy driveshaft up against the cam and I think you'll need to remove the crank to free it. Personally I'd just inform the DVLA of the new engine number...

Small oil leak from somewhere around the diff (find me a mini engine without a leak!)

Good points

Adjutaride adjustable suspension at rear. Brand new adjustable camber arms at rear (done about 15 miles). Spax Adjustable coil over shocks at front.

RC40 exhaust and HIF6 carb on alloy inlet manifold.

You are pretty much ready to rock and roll. Tax, insure and MOT and off you go. I was planning on keeping it and fitting a turbo but another project came along and this is just gathering dust now.

RIMG0107.jpg

RIMG0109.jpg

RIMG0110.jpg

RIMG0111.jpg

RIMG0113.jpg

RIMG0114.jpg

RIMG0115.jpg

RIMG0117.jpg

RIMG0118.jpg

RIMG0121.jpg

Guest fkg898v

Hi Dave,

Just found your post through Google, so I've joined the forum in order to contact you.

Been looking for a freestyle for a while. You're quite some distance from me, I'm in Somerset, so

coming round to have a look wouldn't be possible. Are you looking for a quick sale as getting to you

may cause me a few problems, if I offered you a deposit could you hold it until I could get up to you?

Thanks

Nick