Hollowell 2014 July 5Th And 6Th

philshelton

Ive probably asked before but do I need to book for apossibleone day visit for this and sept meet [its my age you know ] mick :sorry: :crazy: :clapping:

Holowell steam in july has to be booked and all cars have to be in and on the stand by 10am if i remember right. I am hoping to have some entry forms as stoneleigh for those that have not attended, those who were there last year will get forms in the post. I have also been asked to make sure all entry forms at A5 size. some last year were A4 an gave them a few issues with filing and admin.

National meet in September is still in the process of being sorted

For those who exhibited in the show last year (and signed in / out at admin and got your plaque) you will be sent your entry forms through the post. This usually happens sometime February.

For the people who want to exhibit for the first time this year, then the entry forms will be available to download from the website around the middle of March.

Deadline to return the entry forms is usually end of May.

Regards camping for those who haven't been before;

Camping is free on the rally site / club stand ONLY for those exhibiting their kit cars. Allen will not be happy if the rhocar stand has twice as many tents/caravans than kitcars because people us it as a free camping weekend without bringing their cars!

Anyone who wishes to camp but isn't bringing a kit car then camping will be in the 'public camping field' opposite the rally site. There is a small fee for this.

For those wanting to exhibit their cars just for the day (not camping), you will still need to complete an entry form.

I will update with more info as I get it.

• Like 1

Because the show is so popular...it's packed full of visitors and for safety reasons vehicle movements are restricted. The entry forms will say what time vehicles can enter / leave the show ground.

Rob, get your kit car to the show! That's the whole point of rhocar having a stand there....to put on a good looking stand for the public, not for free caravan pitches :) :p....or get fliss driving the kitcar...(or drop the van off and pick it up a few days before / after the show)....or stick your van in the public camping field...

Or we all camp in public ( I will have kit car and Volvo towing tent . No way I can get four I n Libra )I'll certainly join you and Emma in public camp Rob. Just leave kit on display all weekend

Mitch

Because the show is so popular...it's packed full of visitors and for safety reasons vehicle movements are restricted. The entry forms will say what time vehicles can enter / leave the show ground.

Fair enough. Could let us know the timings nearer the date ?

Mitch..you would be ok bringing your kit car and a towing car as that's what a lot of people do (you may just need to park ure normal car in the main car park during the day if things get a bit tight on the stand). What the organisers are clamping down on is people entering (for example) their kit car as an exhibit to gain a camping pass but then not bothering to bring it to the show and just turning up with nothing to exhibit but still wanting to camp in the show ground........camping in the show is for exhibitors only and for everyone else there is the public camping field.....not my rules but just making every aware of this to avoid any disappointment on the day.

Ps.....I've 2 traction engines to look after during the show so I've agreed that Emma's looking after my kit car for the weekend so that the organisers can't complain about Emma camping in the show ground.

• Like 1

Holowell is already organised and will follow the previous years format, Alan Eaton decides how its set up not rhocar. We have won 2yrs running so things are fine. If I take my van I will drop it off on the Tues or weds then come back in my kit.

If anyone books there kit as an exhibit and turns up without it you will be directed to the public field no exceptions. These are allan Eaton's rules, if we break them we will not be invited back.

This show is the best of them all but has rules, for every club that exhibits there are 3 more turned away. They certainly don't need us!

Even if there are some people in public camping it won't stop us all getting together in the evenings to socialize.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...