After The Iva

nigelt

Hi all,

I now have my IVA test date for the end of the month, and in an earlier post it was suggested that I drive the car to the test, which I will do. However, after the IVA I then have to get the car to my nearest (30 miles) DVLA centre for some number check/to obtain ok for registration. So the question is can I drive it to them as well or will on this occasion have to have it trailered?

Thanks

Nige

Guest peter2b2002

I don't know if things have changed sinse I had my 2b iva done but I think you need reg plates fitted to drive on roads to the dvla as I had to trailer my car for the dvla check

peter2b

Guest JammyJim

I drove to IVA then called into dvlc Exeter on way home. If you pop in and ask first I think you will find they don't want to inspect car as it will have an iva cert. It worked for me in May.

Guest ped87

Im getting my car ready for the IVA at the moment, I was under the impression the IVA checks the numbers then just need to send all the documents to the DVLA and they will ask you to bring the car down to them if they want to check the numbers.

Guest Alan_builder

Hi all,

Please can I correct what has been written, by the way of an explanation.

First

There is only one set of rules. These are set deep within DVLA dotted and crossed by the Minister of Transport. Hence the Ministers exemption for Kit cats etc.

Each regional DVLA office has to abide by the rules how ever they develop differing working practices. Your observations of the resultant is that you think each office has its own rules. If you think the regional office has worked ouside the rules you are entitled to complain, trouble is who will if they get their registration? Then of course this is spread by our pages as how it is done!

As far as the test / inspection goes they are checking that what it says on the tin is what is in the tin, how diligent they are depends on the individual officer..

The test is a BUVIR

What they do is the same as a VIC

The VIC is a mandatory test, therefore you can drive the car there for that test, a BUVIR is not a mandatory test but unless you let them perform it by taking your car there they won't issue a registration document and as it is not a mandatory test you cant drive there.

I think by the letter of the law you can claim it to be a trailer as it has no registration and tow it there but that is not an argument that I would like to test out.

Trailer or pick up truck.

If you want a change start a new page for signatures to bring pressure.

Alan

Hi all,

Please can I correct what has been written, by the way of an explanation.

First

There is only one set of rules. These are set deep within DVLA dotted and crossed by the Minister of Transport. Hence the Ministers exemption for Kit cats etc.

Alan

The damned ministry even trying to regulate our favourite choc bar now!!
  • Like 1

Guest Alan_builder

The damned ministry even trying to regulate our favourite choc bar now!!

Of course they do Bob

The Coco, the board of trade?

The % of coco used.

The Milk used, is that the Ministry of Agriculture?

The Factory, is that regulated by the Ministry of Hygiene?

You just can't get away from them.

Guest Alan_builder

Crazy isn't it, you can drive your car to the IVA, even though it may be un roadworthy and a death trap, but once it has been passed its IVA and is confirmed safe and roadworthy you cant drive it to the DVLA. I've still got this all to go through.

Rock up to VOSA with an un-roadworthy or a death trap of a vehicle and you won't drive home!