Accuspark Stealth

theduck

I was referring to the commission I earn in my job.

Have managed to complicate things for myself though as have spotted aldon offer a similar product that has a vacuum input. They are only down the road from me to, but its about £50 more without a new dustributor... Do I really need the vacuum input?

Decisions decisions.

Guest tmarryat

I was looking into this a few weeks ago when looking into bike carbs. From my understanding the Aldon Amethyst unit allows for 3D mapping based on RPM and load while the Accuspark Blackbox is a 2D map on RPM alone. TBH i'm not sure how much of an impact it'll make as many run the bike carbs or DCOEs without vacuum advance anyway.

Unfortunatly user opinion seems thin on the ground for both units presumably because they're both new. The accuspark with new locked out dizzy does look tempting at £138.36 incl delivery after RHOCAR discount.

This is the first time I've seen it, but from what I've read it appears to be good value at that price........

If you do go for this set up, you may need to take your laptop along to any rolling road session as I don't think many places will have the software to program the dizzy as it seems quite new.

Guest tmarryat

I think I will buy a black box after pay day. The amethyst looks good but its twice the price and I'm not sure it's worth it on a NA pinto

I suspect that will be the same conclusion as i reach when i make it. I'll be interested to hear of your experience with it. Keep us posted please!

Guest mower man

I have a brand new JP racing non vac bosch type pinto distrib supposedly set for modded pinto [ the people I had bother with but this is bnib never been near an engine £100 ,simple fit ,2 wires they reccomend Lucas gold coil I mght even swallow the post pay pal available [ I.ll prob get a razing for wrong forum] mick mower man :sorry: ps Igot Accuspark similar fitted now!

• 9 months later...

Its a piece of piss to install! Very easy to program to. Leaves dizzy vacuum connection in place to if you want it.

Alternative is the aldon automotive one as mentioned above which is similar but offers proper 3D mapping. Its more money but still good value. I will eventually switch to the aldon amethyst for boost referencing but for mildy tuned NA trim the stealth is fine.

Edited by theduck