Gbs Track Day 22Nd September Blyton Park

Guest MarkB

Guest MarkB

GBS Track Day Sunday 22nd September....

The GBS Team would like to invite you all to join us for a track day on Sunday 22nd September at Blyton Park in conjuction with Javelin Track Days. All are welcome to take part in any car, if your not driving your welcome to come and Spectate or be a passenger in our Zero demonstrator. It will be a great day for all the family, we hope you can all join us. To book your place on the track day please visitwww.javelintrackdays.co.uk (Book now to avoid disappointment)GBS are also at Bedford Autodrome on Saturday 27th July, all welcome to join us

Guest alfaGTA

I plan to have my Zero completely finished and registered by then..........Not sure I want to thrash it round a track potentially a few weeks after finishing the build....just in case it falls apart!

I'd rather give it a proper shake down on track than on the public highway where there is no safety barriers to stop you flying off into the scenery where you might be left injured for hours (or worse stood waiting for the AA).

I'm booking Cadwell instead for £10 more on the same day.........

Guest MarkB

Well now, that is a very fair point! But I can take it very steady on the roads to begin with.....Hmm, oh the decisions!

No need to thrash to have a pleasurable track day, you will find plenty of tin tops slower than a kit to sit behind, don't get me wrong, there is plenty of tin tops that go that will leave you standing and to be honest it's normally the small hot hatches that surprise us all, give it a go, the good thing about going when Gbs are there you can ask Richard or one of their experienced drivers to have a go in yours and they can then advice of any setup changes required.

IMO a track day is going to be a great benifit to a newly built car to give it a good shake down.......especially as GBS will be there as well as some rhocar faces (exactly the people you need for advice should something not feel right with the car)

also there is nothing in the rule book about taking it steady on a track ;)

Zach,

Getting the kit on a track early in your relationship is a really good way to build confidence and find when its going to let go on you. I think you'll be surprised how hard you can push it.

You don't have to go mental from the start - just build it up at your own pace to a level you are comfortable with - its not a race.

Better to find the break point on a track with lots of run-off and everything going in the same direction than on the road with kerbs, posts and trucks coming the other way.

And as Richard rightly says, if GBS are on hand to help point you at things that can make it better its a bonus.

Ian

Is everyone on commission for the track day? Haha, I'm starting to think towards doing it now. I'll see how I get on the next couple of weekends before I book, last thing I want to do is not have a finished car. But shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all the opinions guys :)

Is everyone on commission for the track day? Haha, I'm starting to think towards doing it now. I'll see how I get on the next couple of weekends before I book, last thing I want to do is not have a finished car. But shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all the opinions guys :)

There are a lot of very experienced people on here who have all been through the process of building a kit car....some multiple times! Often their advice will differ slightly and other times their advice will be at polar opposites......however when they are all giving the same advice it's almost certainly the right advice to follow.

We all want to see everyone succeed in this hobby!

In your case, not only is this a first time build but your one of the first (if not the first) to have a completed the mx5-zero! I'm sure GBS will be extremely interested in making sure there are no issues with your car when you're at this event as it is in their interest for good advertising & publicity for the mx5-zero.

Guest MarkB

much as i would love to attend my car is going no where near a track till 1, its done a few thousand fault free miles and 2, the *bleep*e tyres on it are gone. might pop up for a watch ....

You manged the 5 lap award last time, you still need to better yourself and reach the full day award.

Guest John Walton

if I had a car to shake down that was newly built, I would choose Blyton over Cadwell.

Much as I love racing at Cadwell, for shakedown purposes, Blyton wins hands down.

Virtually nothing to hit, nice and flat