Curved Blade Fan Direction?

SSSLINE

Hi,

New fan came without instructions, it has curved blades question is should it work with the cup of the curve leading or with the outer edge of the curve (if that makes sense) moves air in either orientation but I am guessing one is more efficient?

Looking at the Kenlow website the 'gif' seems to show inside of the curve leading (i.e cupped)??

http://www.kenlowe.co.uk/

Cheers

Tony.R

Depends on which side of the radiator you fit it I think. :)

Which ever way the air moves when you attach it to a battery.

Question: which way do the hands of a clock move?

If you answered "clockwise", then - no - not if you are the clock ... :)

Simon.

Hi,

Get what your saying but it 'can' be wired to spin either way and the blade 'could' be removed and put on either way around so all options are possible, it can both push and suck with the leading edge of the curve or with the cupped edge of the curve being foremost during rotation, depending on which way its wired and which way round the blade is fitted :crazy: just wondered if one was more efficient then tother?

Cheers

Tony.R

ps looking at a push option for my application, infront of rad.

Think "tip first" is to help reduce tip loss --- the air as its picked up by the blade is deflected towards to centre of the fan. If fan is ducted though don't think it makes much difference, lots of fans have a strip of material around circumference for strength/finger protection & to reduce air falling off the tip of the blade.