Really Hacked Off With Gbs

Guest whiz

As the heading states. When I was at Newark I spoke to keith about new seats for my Zero. He said he had a set of black ones in the warehouse, when I got home I ordered them they got sent up to me tried to fit them turns out they are too wide, they were not for a narrow body ( narrow ones ordered) phoned them up to complain they apologised ( when you actually get to speak to the right person eventually. nobody seems to speak to each other down there)said they would get the narrow ones sent to me but they would have to be ordered as they are made to order. Said they would try and rush it through in two weeks as they normally take three to four weeks. They have taken four weeks. I phoned this week to get an update was told that the seats were expected into them on Wednesday and they would get them out to me on Thursday arriving Friday they then wanted payment for seats that I had already paid for as I've still got wide ones sitting in my garage. So stripped the old seats out fitted the new diff in readiness of them arriving. Waited in all day for them arriving came to 4pm still no seats, phoned them for a tracking number, only to find out that the seats had not been collected by the courier yesterday as the one person responsible for parcels to go was not around when the courier turned up so they were missed again lack of communication between staff. So they were eventually picked up today. I might and I say might, get them tomorrow if not it will be next week. Now if I hadn't phoned I would of been unaware of what was happening and left in the dark as GBS wouldn't of phoned to let me know of situation so to say that I'm disappointed is an understatement. GBS really need to speak to each other down there. Anyway rant over

I'm still waiting for another propshaft after they shortened mine 40mm too short! That was from the open day! They were asking me to send mine back but wouldn't offer me any compensation for the delivery or the mix up! All I kept getting last week and the week before was "We're busy preparing for Goodwood" and then "We're trying to catch up after Goodwood"

Guest oshiney2

I hate incompetence all you have to do is talk to each other (gbs) and take a bit of pride in your work and ur company or you will start to lose customers

Had some similar problems with them myself. If you don't chase them up repeatedly yourself you don't know whats going on. It doesn't take much effort to send an e-mail to say that something is going to be delayed. I don't use them unless there is no alternative, these days they need to look to their laurels when a lot of the competitors get stuff out to you the next working day. Car Builder Solutions are very good in this respect. Having said that the last thing I ordered from GBS only took about four days.