2.9 Granny Scorpio Engine

biksz

What would i need to.do.to.fit.it in a s7?every thing.there apart from wires to.ecu would i be able to.get a loom and wohld it be possible.to.run.without.the cats?only thinkning about it its a bib code engine cheers in advance

Guest alfaGTA

The code is likely to be a bob engine... Slightly more power than the earlier boa but the wiring is meant to be more complex on the bob.... You'll also be wanting a bellhousing to match the v6 engine... And some vauxhall v6 injectors as they flow more petrol ;) but it is a heavy beast and the timing chain bits are expensive if i recall.... Been in a few drift sierra's with that engine and they can shift!

he has got an ecu but no plugs for ecu full wiring is there for the engine just thinking if it is a good donor for car he also has a bellhousing to fit a sierra box so tempted.

Guest alfaGTA

excellent with the bellhousing :) triumph speed triple motorbike carbs/throttle bodies with a huge bonnet cutout-beautiful :) i think standard ford v6 flywheel/clutch/starter are all a straight fit but i've not done it so research that a bit further! Assume its got rwd sump already?

yeah got sump but needs shortening but depends on what strengthening I would have to do as again old engine bits not easy to come across as most more modern engines like the mazdas decisions decisions lol

• 2 weeks later...

If it's a BOB......

The donor car is an auto. The wiring is a pain because the BOB cars used PATS so you need the original key and transponder reader etc.... It's not insurmountable and people have transplanted the whole lot but it's not a small job.

You can run the BOB on BOA wiring and ECU. There is also a project underway by a couple of guys on Fordpower to tweak the BOB ECU which will allow the removal of PATS but it will also allow the ECU to be mapped (and far beyond the likes of Emerald or Megasquirt).

Gearboxes.... as Paul says it's not as simple as swapping the bellhousing on a 4-pot gearbox. You could use a type-9 from a 2.8 capri, 2wd V6 Granada or Sierra. Or there are so called "hybrid" gearboxes which use the rear end of a Scorpio diesel MT75 box with the front casing from a V6 MT75 (integral bellhousing) - this lets you use the front casing from a 4x4 box which are quite common. The hybrid box also gives the advantage of a longer 5th gear so more relaxed cruising or a higher top speed.

Straight from the Scorpio it will have a 2wd alloy sump so shortening isn't so easy. You can pinch the steel sump from an earlier Cologne engine (2.8 Capri/Sierra XR4i etc.) which will lend itself to shortening at home more easily but I think the BOB still has oil returns from the heads to the sump which you will need to add to the steel sump.

Iain