South Yorkshire Mob To The Rescue

ivan the terrible

hi all, as title says,,,,, I've been rescued again,,,,,had issues with my kit so Simon B, Dan E, Mowerman and Steamer called round to mine and hopefully and finally got my kit sorted for me, changed dizzy,coil and HT leads, set it all up and got her going, a little tweak here and there and a quick road test, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,went like a dream, slight bit of hesitation on exelleration, so tweaked the timing a bit, next road test, thought i'd go a bit further this time, took it steady over the speed bumps, once they'd all gone, went round the corner where I usually floor it,,,,,,, so floored it this time,,,,,,,and it did something its never been able to do before,,,,,,,, in 2nd gear the wheels span and the backend drifted out,,,,,,,,,, as I say it's never been able to do it before,,,, SO OF COURSE I WASN'T EXPECTING IT TO HAPPEN,,,, BUT IT DID AND I WASN'T READY FOR ITAND IT TOOK ME BY SURPRIZE (a bit like SHAFT sneaking up on the wife!!!!!) anyway as you may have guessed,, I lose control go up on the kerb and,,,,, puncture the tyre,,,, so a flat tyre and a couple of brown trouser marks I go back home,,,,, south Yorkshire mob waiting and yes the pi## taking starts and will probably go on for quite a while longer,,,,,, I think my user name might change to,,,,,ivan the terrible,,,,,DRIVER,,,, I think now I have a car that is doing what it is supposed to do means I have to now learn to drive one, i'm sure i''m not the 1st to have done this and i'm sure it may happen again, i'll just be ready for it next time,,, anyway i'd like to give a BIG THANKS to the south yorks mob once again, and also a big thanks to the south yorks SWMBO'S for helping andrea on her little project, cheers ivan :) :)

Glad your sorted. well engine wise anyway.. module overheating ?????

Sorry I couldn't make it to help out. The joys or daughters dancing and dads taxis needed.

Bought a corrado vr6 on the way back though.. mrs well happy . :help: :help:

Hopefully see you out and about soon with new rubber and a talent injection :rofl: :rofl:

What has been missed out from Ivan's post is that although he span it into a kerb and knackered his tyre......he still came back with the biggest grin on his face!!!!

"The cars the fastest it's ever been" I think was the phrase!!

Thanks to you and andrea for the food and beer, it went down a treat after all that laughing!!

Yes, I agree. A big thank you for the BBQ afterwards and to the great company and chit chat after helping you out.

I enjoyed working on an engine again and after hearing how much better it sounded at Hollowell. You just have to learn to drive these all over again (As I found out too :) )

Thanks,

Simon.

is that goodbye to the bmw then?

Hell no... this one is a breaker for cash monies.

Sounds like the 7 is the best its ever been now. sounds like your engine is exactly what mine used to be.

that carb was a good en... next nice day get the car out. ill meet up with you somewhere. will test em out. 8)

Guest Ian & Carole

Well done all, pleased it is now going as it should, as a foot note to all of this maybe time to start messing with tyre pressures if it stepped out as quickly as you say it did. Just a thought.