Cam Belt Bbq

ivan the terrible

rain has been forcast all day sunday :(

I'll still be popping over to lend a hand with the car but just wondering if its worth us bringing anything for the bbq?

Brollie and wellies

bbq under the brolly it was :)

We arrived around 2pm (sunny and warm) to find simon already hard at work on Ivan's car. About 5 minutes later a cuppa was thrust in my hands and swmbo vanished indoors with Andrea & Sue.

The afternoon saw Ivan's engine gain a new cam belt, alternator belt, waterpump, fixed oil leak and Simon smacking his head on the aligator bonnet 7 times.....

Coupled with the accuspark dizzy kit we installed last weekend, Ivan's pinto is now running smooth and sweet. You won't believe the difference when you hear it at the next meet!!!

on that note, the bbq was lit and mountains of food chucked on.......so queue the rain!

From swmbo and myself....a big thank you Andrea and Ivan for the drinks and food.....in particular the roast potatoes with melted cheese! It's safe to say a great time was had by all and I'm please your engine is running as good as it does!

• Like 1

Yes, a big thank you to Ivan and Andrea for the bbq.

I only just managed to get back home in time as I was forced to go through Cantley in order to get back home as there was a police roadblock on the way into Armthorpe (the short way) and although the ambulances I followed turned right, I could not, so I had to go the long way round and hoped it came out where I thought it did.

Glad to be able to help to sort out another engine. :)

(Was it really 7 times ? )

Simon.

• Like 1

Thanks must go out to you guys,,,,,,,,, I put a out a call for help and you guys respond, travel over, fix my car, and ask for nothing in return, so things like refreshments and a bbq in the rain is just a small token of appreciation for the help that you give, so once again THANK YOU, looking forward to having a good trouble free run out, ,,, , cheers ivan

Guest mower man

All sounds good sorry we couldn't make it , has bonnet massage improved Si b ? :rofl: see you all ,of to France thus morning early for wine tasting duties mick and stella :clapping: :drinks: