Helmet Legal Or Not

Guest Alex2bTurner

Guest Alex2bTurner

so i have started wearing my helmet when i go out in the hood and i must say it is much better not having stones and other road stuff hit you in the face and eyes at 60mph plus but after doing some research it seems it's illegal to wear a helmet when driving a car. So has any one been pulled for wearing a helmet.

Guest chris brown

If you haven't a screen then it is the way to go as even a bee can seem like a lump of brick when you are doing 70 mph or more (which I'm sure you never do:-))

Guest russell555

we sought clarification on this after one of our rally cars got pulled over driving a short section between stages (didnt bother removing helmets as it was only about 2 miles on public road)... the jobsworth policeman said it was illegal ,we said why.... and he just said it was the law.... so we looked into it and the only thing that could be used against you is that it could be seen as an "inticement to race on the public road".....

utter crap really as you are driving a loud shiny sports car that people will look at anyway...

its a bit different if you are in your mums saxo driving round the retail park dressed as the stig i suppose??

And what of those trikes and quad bikes that I've seen - all without helmets on ?

And the argument about looking through a visor behind a windscreen doesn't work either - what about those wearing glasses ? Two bits there to look through.

I like Agent_zed's argument though :)

Simon.

Guest MarkB

If you do get a jobs worth ask him to clarify the law there and then, it's his job to not yours. The main culprits for quoting incorrect driving laws are wooden tops, traffic generally know a lot more, we get plenty of pink slips that incorrectly point to faults when they are neither an mot or legal issue. Tyres are the biggest bone of Contention, wooden tops see a bold outer edge and think that it's illegal.