Cyclist Collision On Road Trip Around Peaks

Tazzzzman1

Well, as some of you know during a Sunday morning run out around the peaks a few weeks ago my car was side swiped by a speeding cyclist whilst my car was parked at the roadside whilst I attended Richards (steamers) V8 breakdown....Ended up with a nice hole in my O/S front wing :sorry:

No one was hurt thankfully, although I did come close to committing GBH.... :diablo:

Got the lads details and he agreed to sort on his return from hols... Got a telecon this morning from his father trying to get out of paying (a multitude of excuses why it was my fault for being parked), however after convincing him that with the evidence I had (IanK's in car video) there was sufficient for a criminal damage charge to be bought against him. After a heated debate, monies transferred to my account today.....! Result!! New wing fitted, so car nice and shiny again :rofl:

• Like 2

glad you got your money back Terry!

I felt really bad after that Sunday.....being my proper first run out with you boys and being the one to break down was sh1t....but then to make matters worse, your car got damaged while helping me out....double sh1t!!!

glad you got your money back Terry!

I felt really bad after that Sunday.....being my proper first run out with you boys and being the one to break down was sh1t....but then to make matters worse, your car got damaged while helping me out....double sh1t!!!

Nothing to feel guilty about Rich....just some idiot on a Push bike not watching the road ahead...Main thing is no-one got hurt. car repaired and I got paid... 8)

Good result, but why do people attempt to get out of their responsibility??

Will the cyclist learn? NO - he'll just carry on belting around the roads as if he (they) own them thinking everyone should get out of their way.

Bloody idiots. They should comply with the Road Traffic Act.

Oh, and by the way, nearly every morning on my way to work I see at least one cyclist going through red lights as if it is their right. One went through a double set when the traffic from the opposite direction had a green!!!! How daft is that?? When you point out the error of their way and how long their life expectancy may be, all you get is a nice little wave. And why when there is a 10ft wide cycle path, why oh why do they insist on using a busy dual carriageway??

Now getting off my perch and going for the Prozac..........

• Like 2

Guest alfaGTA

Well done to them for making contact and eventually paying up-they could have just point blank ignored you. I think the lad had a lucky escape in many ways least of all financially, if we'd been part of the lotus group parked up he'd be looking at a much larger repair bill or if you hadn't passed IVA recently the SR2 could have torn his leg off!

Ok here it is...nothing too exciting. Real cuase of the problem was the silver car rubber necking to look at us parked up......you can hear the lad on the bike locking his brakes and skidding well before coming into camera shot..........think I kept my cool rather well 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-F82OeSrQ