Clutch Cable

Disco

After a period of inactivity I am starting to look at problems I could not work out some months ago.

This problem is regarding the clutch cable and how to fit it to the clutch housing. My problem is that I can't work out how to get the cable through the mounting point on the engine and to the clutch arm which disengages the clutch and then to get the adjustment nuts either side of the engine hole that the thread passes through.

I could do it if I could get the cable out through the middle of the assembly but i have a crimped end on the other end where it fits to the clutch pedal movement.

I am hoping that some of you have the solution as I am stumped at the moment.

Regards

Chris

Guest robinj66

My problem is that I can't work out how to get the cable through the mounting point on the engine and to the clutch arm which disengages the clutch and then to get the adjustment nuts either side of the engine hole that the thread passes through.

Regards

Chris

The two adjustment nuts stay the same side (one is there to lock the other). If you want a nut on the clutch side of the cable then introduce a split nut as per Busby's post.