Water Temperature Sensor

Disco

I have purchased a plug and play engine wiring loom from GBSC and a new temp sensor was provided in the kit. This sensor has a larger thread to the fitted sensor.

My question is regarding the fact that I am using the temp sensor as provided in the engine so do I just have to fit another plug to the wiring loom to fit or do I have to use the provided temp sensor but in a different location?

Regards

Chris

Hi

Zetec temp transmitter is not normaly used, something to do with calibration.

it can be removed from the head, it wont leak.

you will need two transmitters for coolant, one for the guage which I think comes with the guages you decide on, and one for the ECU, which has the larger thread, which I think comes with the relevant kit, but could be wrong. There is also an air temp transmitter, also larger thread.

the GBS loom has labled plugs that fit those senders.

Coolant sensors are fitted in water rail. Air temp in the air cleaner back plate.

Which transmitter you have been supplied with I wont know without seeing a picture

regards

Thanks

As I am not using the water rail as provided by GBSC I presume that I need to drill a hole and weld a nut in a metal point in the water system.

Is there a preferred position to put them and should they be in different points in the water rail?

Chris

That's not where GBS placed it though.

My ECU sensor is above the thermostat and not underneath it. Mind you, when I take the filler cap off (when cold) the water level is below the ECU sensor, so I am wondering if it ever gets submerged when hot. I can't take the cap off then for obvious reasons :)

Simon.

Thanks

As I am not using the water rail as provided by GBSC I presume that I need to drill a hole and weld a nut in a metal point in the water system.

Is there a preferred position to put them and should they be in different points in the water rail?

Chris

you can fit them like that, and I would agree with SSSline on position

My zetec with raceline water rail has 2temp senders one on the waterrail at the back of the cylinder head abd one in the top hose the readings vary wildly hose will sit at 80 where as head will be as high 120 going up and down all the time, only time they match is sat still in traffic.

So if using ecu postion could greatly affect your map?