Bit Of A Rant

Guest scrabster

Guest scrabster

evening all, on the 4th of august the missus was at work(nights at asda) when she finished and walking back to her car she looked and said ,dont remember parking it at that angle, looked at the back and found a great big dent in the o/s/r bumper and side panel.the impact had shoved the car a couple of feet.went back to store to check if that part of car park is covered by cctv(it should be thats her reason for parking there) and hope its switched on and yahooo it is.told to phone back later as security will play it back. they have the offender on camera reversing at speed and shunting her pride and joy just short of hitting the car parked next to hers.the culprit shoots away to other side of car park,stops and turns lights off and gets out to asses the damage to his car,turning his lights off made his number clear as day so the security have burnt a disc for the police who have been informed and crime number obtained,now the best bit,she asked security last night if police have collected the disc,no..........contacted police and asked why no collection,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we have to give them 28 days to get the disc. :o as far as im concerned,they have all the evidence they need to apprehend the git and make his insurance cough up ,presuming its insured, the police want him for leaving the scene and not reporting accident or such, i can see this being long and drawn out.next thing is to get a quote for the repairs. rant over for now,relaxing on hols next week so they probably will try to contact us then. :crazy:

regards,jess.post-3394-0-34012700-1376427180_thumb.jpg

Bloody annoying...

SWMBO also had a run in a couple of years ago at an Asda car park. I bought her a nice shiny MX5 (6 month old). 1st week she had it she went to ASDA but parked at opposite end of carpark well away from all other cars and trollies. Came out 30 mins later and someone in a white van (know this because half the van was left on the MX5) had managed to stove in the Front wing, door and rear wheel arch. ASDA unfortunately had not turned on their CCTV cameras that day, so I was left with a £900 bill.............nice :diablo:

At least you got some evidence. Don't give up mate, pursue them and make the w**ker pay up :diablo: :diablo:

Much simpler if it was a cyclist :rofl: (see my previous postings) :angel:

Guest oshiney2

dont you think that some of these super stores should make the parking spaces bigger anyway not that it would have saved your car being hit that driver is just an idiot hope you get the bar steward .

Unfortunatly unless anybody is injured they will not be prosecuted for leaving the scene, had the same happen with a neighbour hitting the wife's car, police took the original copy of my very clear cctv footage which then got lost..... Apparently, I'm not saying it was lost on purpose, but I did find out the woman's husband was ex police from the station that reputedly filed it.

Apparently, I'm not saying it was lost on purpose, but I did find out the woman's husband was ex police from the station that reputedly filed it.

That was an unfortunate incident/coincidence Mark, fancy that :rolleyes:

I did read something a while ago that car park spaces are based on vehicle dimensions from the 50's

Jess, hope everything gets sorted for you and you don't end up out of pocket.

Guest robinj66

Unfortunatly unless anybody is injured they will not be prosecuted for leaving the scene,

That is incorrect. If damage is caused to property (or injury to anyone) then the obligation to stop and provide details applies.

FAILURE TO STOP AFTER AN ACCIDENT

It is an offence for a person being the driver of a mechanically propelled vehicle and owing to the presence of that vehicle on the road or other such public place an accident having occurred whereby damage or injury was caused did fail to stop and give his name and address and identification marks of the vehicle.

Road Traffic Act 1988 s 170 (2)

It also becomes obligatory for the offending party to report the matter to the police "as soon as reasonably practicable" and in any event within 24 hours

Guest chrispine

My car got broken into on my drive on the 03/10/2010, the steering was on full left lock with the steering lock on, the front wheel against the drive wall and an extra lock through the steering wheel, 2 people broke into the car, broke the steering column trying to remove the locks, hotwired it and tried stealing it without the steering wheel, one of them tried pushing the car out of the drive with the steering locked and one front wheel against the drive wall, as they couldn't steal it and their fingerprints were all over it they torched it in my drive, all on my cctv, the police know who did it and their answer, "the cctv is inconclusive", after they torched it one of the offenders is on camera on his mobile, probably 'phoning for a lift home. I originally put the cctv up to cover the garage door and the hood. Chris.

My eldest daughter had her car, parked on the road written off at 2.00 in the morning when she was in bed. Although the driver was spoken to by police at the scene (three other parked cars were also damaged) he got away by giving a false name. Devilishly cunning ploy that plod failed to anticipate. Strangely the registered owner had sold it that very day.

Daughters insurance still hasn't paid out but it has increased her premiums as apparently the statistics show that drivers involved in 'no fault accidents' have an increased likelihood of having fault accidents.

So that's all right then.

Nigel

Guest mower man

It always has been and always willbe legalised robbery and I cannot see any changes happening ,they are right you are wrong and theres very little to be done but its time the police got their act together and actually got some of the crims locked up and doing hard labour mowerman :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive:

Guest chrispine

Peter2b, it wouldn't be a joke if I knew who they were, the police know but can't tell me their names and the people who've seen the cctv don't know them. Chris