Bit Of A Rant

Guest scrabster

I had a similar incident a few years back, whole front end put out of alignment it was hit so hard. Got back to car to find two people with different scraps of paper waiting for me with a description of the driver, car and number plate. I passed info to the police who later rang me to say it couldn't have been that car as it was a company car and hadn't been signed out that night and it was on private property with no injury so they were dropping it :sorry: just had my Mazda scratched and creased by some D!@~ head with a door in a car park too. Some people have no respect for others property.

• 3 months later...
Guest scrabster

hi all, just an update of situation,got fed up of waiting for police and informed insurance to go ahead with the claim,car is now repaired to a cost of ..........£1,100.. :o .our excess was £250. parts purchased were £80,diagnostic check £75, paint and consumables £240 the rest must be labour. police have yet to have a reply of the scumbag and have sent him a recorded letter, insurance say we may have to pay £80 to retrieve the information from the police to pressure his insurance company to pay out.why does everything get complicated when its plain to see he is said scumbag and should pay.im determined to see this through rather than just settle with having the car repaired for £250 and insurance coughing up the rest.rant over.

regards,jess.

Didn't you get a copy of the footage? In that case you can supply the reg number of the offender to the insurers (along with a copy of the proof). Askmid will furnish the name of the insurance company the other car is insured with.

What do the insurance outifts actually do for the ludicrous amounts of money that we pay them?

Guest scrabster

Didn't you get a copy of the footage? In that case you can supply the reg number of the offender to the insurers (along with a copy of the proof). Askmid will furnish the name of the insurance company the other car is insured with.

What do the insurance outifts actually do for the ludicrous amounts of money that we pay them?

the police have the cctv footage, we were not allowed to have it by asda, looks like the insurance want £80 to retrieve the evidence to continue,now waiting for insurance to call back which should have been today.

regards,jess.