Donnington Show.... Live engine swap in the main hall.

Guest Shaunhirst

Guest Shaunhirst

If you want! I was going to pull them off the old engine however i am happy to put new parts on, all i need is a list of parts, would it be a good idea for someone from the club to come and meet me ASAP to get things checked out before the show so I can get anything we need, volunteers ?

The guys did a top end rebuild and bottom end check over before refitting in my 2B. That was on a Sunday in February. I'm looking forward to this and willing to lend a hand. I'll bring a couple of packs of wipes to clean grubby hands.

Nick.

Shaun,

I don't want to go spending your money for you, but if I was in your position I'd be taking every advantage of this. As such, I'd be buying new the following;

cambelt

water pump

clutch kit

complete gasket set for the 2ltr pinto (make sure exhaust gaskets included)

oil & fuel filters

thermostat

antifreeze and oil

Also other considerations worth mentioning.......

Air filter (I don't know what condition your current one is in)

Accuspark ignition setup....these are about £100 and from the 2 setups Ive seen first hand completly transform a pinto engine. Everyone raves about them!

Brake pads and fluid......(while we're working on the car we may as well)

And another suggestion for the day......get some of those liquid absorbing pellets that you chuck on the floor to clean up spills......we don't want to get into trouble because of a shiney concrete floor....oil and water.... and members of the public.....claims diect here they come!!