Donnington Show.... Live engine swap in the main hall.

Guest Shaunhirst

It'll be a change with me not working on someone else's car for a change :) I'll bring overalls - just in case !

I can bring my Contour HD and roll bar mount (it would only be useful if the bonnet was not in the way though methinks ! :)

Simon.

Overalls will be there, sponsored by valvoline, although you may need to grow into them, half a dozen sets are being sent, I will of course turn my back when finished and you can argue who gets to keep them, if they are the same as others I have had Dan E will vouch for how good they are.

Guest Ian & Carole

It'll be a change with me not working on someone else's car for a change :) I'll bring overalls - just in case !

I can bring my Contour HD and roll bar mount (it would only be useful if the bonnet was not in the way though methinks ! :)

Simon.

If I were working on ANY car doing an engine swop the first thing out of the way and stored where no one can stamp on it would be the bonnet.

Guest Ian & Carole

I'm really looking forward to this, do we have any Rhocar t-shirts that I can wear to give out the leaflets?

Contact Adrian Parkinson (mag editor) he holds all the clothing stock that the club own.

Guest david_l_perry

NIce one Shaun ! look forward to watching this unfold. (Shaun bought this S7 off my brother after he realised the open top 7 type was not for him....tart )

You will be astounded at the difference between the 1.6 and 2.0l.

Whilst I think on, there is an access panel in the side of the tunnel to get at the gearbox speedo connection, just pull the carpet back and you will see it.

It was pure luck that I spotted it when I helped change the gearbox after the trip to Le Mans.

The gearbox was fully reconditioned and has only done the trip to yours since its re build.

Just a thought, but does the rad need changing from the 1.6l to the 2.0l or is it the same.

On holiday or would love to come down and witness the army on the go !

Right, after numerous phone calls, emails, cups of tea and a toilet trip........ Eurocarparts are very generously going to provide all parts required to complete the strip and rebuild, they will provide t-shirts, mugs etc and a banner for the stand, I have offered them a full page add in the mag, they would like to have a picture of a couple of kits outside their chesterfield branch at some point (to be arranged).

bits being supplied... please add if I have forgot something:

clutch kit

timing belt kit

water pump

fuel pump

full engine gasket set

oil filter x2 (it will need a good flush after rebuild)

oil spray bar

anti freeze

thermostat

Plugs

headbolts

Guest mower man

Right, after numerous phone calls, emails, cups of tea and a toilet trip........ Eurocarparts are very generously going to provide all parts required to complete the strip and rebuild, they will provide t-shirts, mugs etc and a banner for the stand, I have offered them a full page add in the mag, they would like to have a picture of a couple of kits outside their chesterfield branch at some point (to be arranged).

bits being supplied... please add if I have forgot something:

clutch kit

timing belt kit

water pump

fuel pump

full engine gasket set

oil filter x2 (it will need a good flush after rebuild)

oil spray bar

anti freeze

thermostat

+ abag of blue sparks + set of tappet clearances seriously ajump start power pack+ plugs ? mick

Good job, I only agreed to do it coz rich said you were too! Are we working on commission?

I think we should be lol, can't decide what sort of commission to claim though.