Donnington Show.... Live engine swap in the main hall.

Guest Shaunhirst

Right, after numerous phone calls, emails, cups of tea and a toilet trip........ Eurocarparts are very generously going to provide all parts required to complete the strip and rebuild, they will provide t-shirts, mugs etc and a banner for the stand, I have offered them a full page add in the mag, they would like to have a picture of a couple of kits outside their chesterfield branch at some point (to be arranged).

bits being supplied... please add if I have forgot something:

clutch kit

timing belt kit

water pump

fuel pump

full engine gasket set

oil filter x2 (it will need a good flush after rebuild)

oil spray bar

anti freeze

thermostat

You beat me to it Mark. Am planning on popping across to Shauns for a recce and was going to make a list of bits....no need now. Cracking job mate.

One thought..........what about a shortened sump and pick up pipe....seems a shame to do all this and not do the sump. Can GBS help out by supplying them???

You beat me to it Mark. Am planning on popping across to Shauns for a recce and was going to make a list of bits....no need now. Cracking job mate.

One thought..........what about a shortened sump and pick up pipe....seems a shame to do all this and not do the sump. Can GBS help out by supplying them???

just spoke with shaun, hes going to get the sump whipped off the new engine and get it to a fabricater across the road from him, if he struggles I will pick it up Saturday and get my man to do it.

This just bets better and better. have told Ian (ckc) that it now looks like a strip and rebuild of the old engine and his reply was FANTASTIC.

Ive just informed Shaun that we aint just swapping engines..... full strip..... otherwise we would be done by 11

Phil asked me a question this afternoon, he said " how the hell will we top this at the next show?", well Mr Shelton, if my plan comes off, this will seem a walk in the park :drinks: 8)

Guest Ian & Carole

Do you want me to bring a couple of lathes and a milling machine or 2? Lol

This is going to be brilliant!

Engine stand is a must really.

I can bring my hone if we decide to drop the pistons out and de-glaze the bores.

Don't deglaze the bores unless you intend changing the rings, they really won't be happy going back into a disturbed hone (home) 8) :80:

Guest Shaunhirst

I am told that the exhaust side engine mount is a little perished and could do with replacing, I work with a company called Graysons that make our radiators, they are based in Birmingham so I am sure they will supply, can help with specs so I can arrange supply