Donnington Show.... Live engine swap in the main hall.

Guest Shaunhirst

Guest mower man

In discussions with our membership secretary it has been decided to offer £10 membership for rest of this year or £20 for membership 'til end of 2014.

Thats brilliant ,this event plus the national are going to put us at the forefront of kit car clubbing and we can get better ,commitment is all we need , don't just sit on the edge like a wallflower !!! mowerman :clapping: :clapping: :drinks:

Guest shaggy

Once you have finished the engine swap, I have a pair of vented disks and calipers that need putting on my S7 to replace the solid disks I have on at the moment. The new ones have been sitting on the shelf for ages...................

I'll bring along some brake fluid if this helps?

Si

Once you have finished the engine swap, I have a pair of vented disks and calipers that need putting on my S7 to replace the solid disks I have on at the moment. The new ones have been sitting on the shelf for ages...................

I'll bring along some brake fluid if this helps?

Si

could do that at national meet in september ;)

Just been across to meet Shaun, 8)

Well up for it, and amazed at the response of the club. Been through a few things with him and think we have made a fairly comprehensive shopping list. Looks like Shaun has blagged...got sponsored a lot of kit, so think we will have a busy weekend. Only big purchase/ blag he need to sort is some nice shiney wheels....found out the ones he had lined up wouldn't have fitted correctly.

Just a quick question though...will the 1.6 sump fit the 2.0l ok? Just that the 1.6 sump has been shortened already. So was thinking of a straight swap?

Bring it along mate....you never know!

So looks like he will get the following work done/ bits for the change:

Engine swap from 1.6-2.0

Full engine overhaul and clean/ tart up :crazy: :clapping: :clapping: :rofl:

New waterpump

New cam belt

Gaskets

Plugs

Fluids

New hoses

New filters

Change sump

New headlamps to fit (change to 7"LED lamps)

Change rear lights to LED's

Wrap dash in carbon fibre look

Wrap GRP on body and wings (has another company coming in to do this at the show)

New wheels

Think thats most of it, pretty sure I have missed something off, but should keep us grease monkeys well happy through out the weekend :db: :db:

Guest Shaunhirst

I have been offered some shocks however to get them ordered I need confirmation of what works with the s7 series 3, can I again please ask for some help?

Size, spring etc

Thanks however Its a little over my head, what shocks and springs should I tell the man in the shop to give me...

what shop? You really need to be careful what you order as kit cars can vary somewhat measure yours to be sure. Tintop stuff doesn't give you the best results our cars are a lot lighter