Donnington Show.... Live engine swap in the main hall.

Guest Shaunhirst

Awesome response! Do any bits need changing on the new engine? cam belt? water pump?

Will the 2.0 run on the 1.6 carb and ignition system, or are there different ones of those to fit too? what about exhaust? sump?

I'm only going to be turning up on sat afternoon, i bet you'll have it fitted by then!

ok have spoken to Shaun and he is up for doing it at donnington show. Have spoken to Ian Stent and we can have a 4m x 15m section in the main hall. We need to have everything in the hall by 10am on the saturday. what we need now is someone to transport a engine from doncaster to donnington, Shaun well drive the car there, we also need engine crane axle stands and tools.

I need to know if we are going to do this by the weekend so I can let Ian know

Good question Andy, Timing belt change may be worth doing if its not bin done. May be Shaun can let us know. Just remember any parts we know we need Shaun go to Euro car parts and get members discount

Guest Shaunhirst

The carb is off an xr2 (downdraft 36mm jets?) and I am informed that it should be ok on the 2ltr the rest of the kit will come off he 1.6 pinto over across to the 2.0 I am told, the rest I am sure I can get at the show with my flexible friend, if I have 2 I will bike carb it, would be nice to rolling road it at he show when done.....