Hay Bales

philshelton

Any members in northamtonshire know where we can borrow some Bales from to use as a safety wall for some archery at national meet in september

Now that sounds like a cracking idea Phil. :drinks:

RHOCaR Archery competition! :)

You want straw bales not hay. Hay is more expensive. You might be able to get some on a sale or return basis from a livery stables or local farmer. Most straw is baled in to Heston bales ( the big ones) which weigh about half a ton each. These are much easier to transport on a lorry but not much good for what you want. The small ones would probably be a couple of quid each. Straw lecture over

Ive got a 150lb crossbow with telescopic sights and a Mongolian 40lb take down bow 8) 8)

Sorry, they would not be allowed under the "have-a-go" rules which demand only light recurve bows are allowed.

As our club is in the process of changing and getting replacements, I should have a few which will do.

(I will be keeping hold of the bow strings though - kinda like the keys to the car ... )

Simon.

Guest peter2b2002

hay bales can cost up to £5 + each straw about £1.50 - £2.50have at least 2 bales thick with corrigaded iron sheet between just to be safe, have a chat with a local farmer you might be lucky and drop off some hestons, if I was still down your way I could have done it for you

peter2b

I'm still not sure if the star bales will be packed tightly enough to stop arrows getting lost in them.

The straw bosses that easton produce are really VERY tightly packed and bound together.

Provided the bales are on the ground (a requirement) then it "might" be sufficient.

Oh, and iron sheet between them ? A definite NO.

Simon.