Finally Passed!

Guest mastarforth

Guest mastarforth

Well after a long build the MEV has finally passed!

Now to deal with the muppets at Dvla

I know this question has been done to death but.... What components do I need to have as new to get a new plate, the mev has new steering, new engine, new hubs front and rear, new front and rear brakes, All with receipts

Iguess I need a receipt for the refurbed gearbox to take a brand new plate,

I had a re-con gearbox (AND diff and driveshafts) but no receipt for the gearbox. I managed to hide all these under the category of calling this the "transmission" unit which, effectively, it is.

With just the gearbox being re-conditioned, I would just declare that item as the ONE major reconditioned item and you should be fine.

Go in person to the office (if it's still open) as you will get served and if the queue is long (usually is), they are under pressure to get things sorted (so they can go home on time).

Oh, and good luck with them. :) DON'T trust them with originals and ALWAYS have a complete copy of everything you send to them. (You may end up with two sets of documents otherwise as I have had ! :crazy: )

Simon.

Guest mastarforth

Yes this car has most certainly fought me to the end

I drove it to the test this time, and it was Fun!, dissappointing I am now in Washington as it is straight on motorway as opposed to the back roads of consett but...

On my way to DVLA this afternoon to arrange BUI.... keep fingers crossed, I think I ahev enough

Anyway on to the Murtaya now to get it through its MOT!

Guest mastarforth

Well been to the DVLA office in Newcastle and they were very helpful to be fair.

They have taken my documetns to send them To Swansea, so I dont know what plate teh car will end up on for up to 14 working days.......

I supplied evidence of all new componenets and a receipt for the refurbished gearbox but.... For all I have the number of receipts needed to get a new plate I had I will not hold my breath that until I have my V5. at least if it gets a Q plate I will be bale to DEcat the exhaust and get more power ;-)

I will wait and see what they give me.